You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubious excuses players and managers use.

Kevin D

I liked what Wenger replied with. Something along the lines of "If you pretend you're not in the race you can never lose".

Just classic shithouse Shitcoat.

That sums it up really. It's as much about Mourinho saving face personally as easing the pressure of expectation. 

"You gotta ask the chairman about that one..."

Harry Redknapp whenever he's asked about the progress of transfer negotiations for a player he's already tapped up and bigged up through the media. As if club chairman will grant an audience to the journalist just like that.

Not an excuse per se, but whenever a manager starts using the word 'football' before most of his words, you know the pressure's building. It's also fucking annoying.

'We just need to start winning football matches'

'I'm doing all I can for this football club'

'It's about getting out on that football pitch, sticking the football in the net and winning games for this football club'

Thinking about it, I could have saved 90 seconds and just posted a clip of any Tim Sherwood press conference. He illustrates my point darn well.

Oh, and one other, 'net spend'.

Yes, it can be a good indicator, but regardless of your net, if you have money, you still have to spend it well. It's just clutching at straws, 'well, we had a negative net spend this year'.

So what? As Spurs have proved this year, you can have a negative net spend and still spend a great deal of money rather fucking badly. Simply saying 'we had a negative net spend' doesn't exonerate you from buying shite.

• Upvote 2

Not an excuse per se, but whenever a manager starts using the word 'football' before most of his words, you know the pressure's building. It's also fucking annoying.

'We just need to start winning football matches'

'I'm doing all I can for this football club'

'It's about getting out on that football pitch, sticking the football in the net and winning games for this football club'

Thinking about it, I could have saved 90 seconds and just posted a clip of any Tim Sherwood press conference. He illustrates my point darn well.

Oh, and one other, 'net spend'.

Yes, it can be a good indicator, but regardless of your net, if you have money, you still have to spend it well. It's just clutching at straws, 'well, we had a negative net spend this year'.

So what? As Spurs have proved this year, you can have a negative net spend and still spend a great deal of money rather fucking badly. Simply saying 'we had a negative net spend' doesn't exonerate you from buying shite.

nooooooooooooo.gif

• 5 months later...

Ferguson's "he could of been killed" in response to Ashley William's kicking a ball at Van Persie's head. He then went on to say "he should be banned for a very long time". Absolute gobshite and indicative of the senile nonsense Ferguson used to sprout regularly.

• Upvote 1

Now I dislike Cristiano Ronaldo as much as the next man but when the media tried to use him winking at the bench as the main crime in the 06 world cup game to deflect any flack from golden boy Rooney taking it upon himself to stamp on someone in the bollocks, that really took the biscuit

When Mourinho hushed the crowd at the Carling Cup Final in 2005 then said in his post match interview it was meant for the English press. Yes ok.

When he keeps going in about the ghost goal in the CL semi final in 2005. Cech came racing out of his goal and twatted Milan Baros when he had a clear goal scoring opportunity. Should have had a penalty and he should have been given a red. The reserve keeper would have had to save the penalty and then play the next 80 minutes with ten men and even if they had have got through Cech would have been banned for the final.