You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

Guest davelfc

I find it inconceivable that after so much time not one single piece of wreckage has been found. This signal they supposedly picked up and then decided it wasn't from the plane, have they said what it was from ? I thought the broadcast frequency  was unique to black boxes.

I read somewhere that signals travelling through water over distances can vary frequency quite a bit. This might be why they locked on to something that was actually not the black box at all. Given the area they're having to cover I'd be amazed if they ever found it.

I read somewhere that signals travelling through water over distances can vary frequency quite a bit. This might be why they locked on to something that was actually not the black box at all. Given the area they're having to cover I'd be amazed if they ever found it.

You could say it was sheer bad luck that the plane drastically changed course to fly in the total opposite direction undetected for at least 7 hours and then crash in the deepest and probably remotest part of the ocean anywhere.

• Upvote 1

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Can't just trawl the whole area.....similar to how they did to prove the Loch Ness monster didn't exist but on a much larger scale?

The news here have been reporting that a large oil slick has been found in the areas where the Australians have been concentrating their search. They're going to launch a mini-sub here to look into this further, and scan the location.

That location is where the plane would have run out of fuel- there would be no large oil slick.

Guest Kemlynreds

That location is where the plane would have run out of fuel- there would be no large oil slick.

It burnt off all the hydraulic oil as well did it?

Guest davelfc

Just how much oil was there on this plane, after splooshing in to the sea and with the storms I wouldn't think much would be left. if there was then surely so little it would be like a drop in the.... 

• Upvote 1

It burnt off all the hydraulic oil as well did it?

To be fair even though it would have hydraulic oil as well.

How much would you need to create a large oil slick in the middle of a huge ocean, that sees extreme weather and huge waves, and what chance it will be  there for 5 weeks.

Sounds strange to me, the only time you see large oil slicks in the ocean is usually from tankers that have had a problem and spilled millions of gallons into the drink

Just how much oil was there on this plane, after splooshing in to the sea and with the storms I wouldn't think much would be left. if there was then surely so little it would be like a drop in the.... 

Beat me to it....

Guest Pistonbroke

If it had shit loads of oil on-board the yanks would have had a fleet of submarines searching for it. 

If the plane did run out of fuel over the ocean then it would have been smashed to fucking pieces upon impact. Many of those pieces would float, so how come any of them still haven't been found after all this time and after the intensity of this search ?

No way does a jumbo jet crash at sea and remain completely intact. No chance.

space there for a coupe of these

Beluga_n3_zpsffdf09df.jpg

From all reports, the airline says it "believes that 85-90% of all travellers using our service are of the female gender."

It has been lovingly referred to as "the Dolphin" and the airline has confirmed that they have fielded requests for the addition of an extra tail-wing halfway up their aircraft in customers hopes that the battery operated toy model replica due out just before Xmas will carry these new add-ons.