You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheltenham 2014

dickie mint

Following his extremely encouraging 1st run for gigginstown a couple of weeks ago, I've snapped tiger roll @ 12s. 20 ew on him. Think he will do well and progression seems to be very good. Guitar Pete beat him by a couple of lengths but tiger stayed on and finished very strongly, travelled brilliantly too.

Lucky 15 with trifolium, the fly, quevega and last installment. Hoping to jaysus last installment gets the run.

Faugheen is currently 25/1 for the opener

I have got annie power in a few bets doubles mainly but the closer we get to the festival the more convinced I become she will lose.Everything about the race points to her losing,from her only ever winning one grade one which was against the mares to the point she has never run this distance before. The fact Nichols has three other horses in the race and big bucks suggests the three horses will be taking annie on throughout the race.

I am starting to think Annie is going to be this festivals big  let down for a lot of punters.

I have got annie power in a few bets doubles mainly but the closer we get to the festival the more convinced I become she will lose.Everything about the race points to her losing,from her only ever winning one grade one which was against the mares to the point she has never run this distance before. The fact Nichols has three other horses in the race and big bucks suggests the three horses will be taking annie on throughout the race.

I am starting to think Annie is going to be this festivals big  let down for a lot of punters.

Even more so now.

Just back from preview night at HQ not a great deal to add NH reckons AK will win Arkle and RSA (Valdez and Smad Place) AP can't have Annie Power over BB especially as Nicholls/Stewart have 4 in the race. The horse they all agreed on was Broughton in the Triumph with the drying ground Mike Dillon of Ladbrokes said he could go off favourite and NH said that PN was very keen on Katgarry in the Fred Winter.

I like the look of Vautour in the Supreme Novices Hurdle tomorrow. Irving strikes me as another My Tent Or Yours. A great speed horse, but not really been in a battle. Plus, Irving has ran all it's races right handed and on relatively flat tracks. The uniqueness of Cheltenham has found out many a better horse than Irving. 

Also, Betfred or Paddy Power seem to be the bookies to use for Cheltenham. Particularly the Supreme. BF are paying out on top 4,  whereas most others pay out on top 3. Paddy Power are giving refunds on losing bets if your pick finishes 2nd/3rd/4th in the Supreme. 

So far for tomorrow, I'm liking Vautour, Champagne Fever and Hurricane Fly. 

One at a bigger price that I like later in the day is Ataglance, again, purely based on course form. 

What is your nap of the festival and your sneaky, Weaseley outsider Jairz?

Hmm...maybe Briar Hill as the nap of the festival.

Couple I like e/w tomorrow would be Gilbamboa in the Supreme and Harry Fry's horse Highland Retreat in the mare's hurdle. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the latter follow Quevega home. Think they're about 12s and 16s respectively.

Generally looks like a very competitive festival to me, which isn't always the best help for punters! I've changed my mind about 20 times on the Champions Hurdle.

You?

I'm on Gilgamboa tomorrow, mainly down to paddy Power's offer.

If you asked me last week my nap would've definitely been champagne fever but I've got a case of the Cheltenham jitters. I like Indian castle in the Kim Muir, he's favourite but still a decent price.

Also have Spring heeled matched @75's for the Kim muir & just a par @110s in the RSA

If you asked me last week my nap would've definitely been champagne fever but I've got a case of the Cheltenham jitters. I like Indian castle in the Kim Muir, he's favourite but still a decent price.

Also have Spring heeled matched @75's for the Kim muir & just a par @110s in the RSA

The money has come in now for CF and has gone clear fav.

Quite like Trifolium in that. Ground a possible worry.