You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheltenham 2014

dickie mint

I'm still crying into my piss stained jeans!! I had dynaste win, more of that e/w, fingal bay e/w and taquin de seuil e/w, cause of causes e/w. profit of 680 today which makes up for my hell yesterday.

Bring on gold cup day. Briar Hill wins I'm a happy camper. just hope me backing him doesnt put the mockers on it. congrats to those who won today.

• Upvote 1

How??

Skybet have an offer that if you bet £60 a day you get a free £10 bet and also if the favourite wins the opener then you get your money back x2 so far.

Ladbrokes mobile,if you back a winner at 3/1 or better you get your stake back as a free bet 2x£20 so far.

Paddy Power gave me a bet 5 text bets then they will match the average up to £25 in a free bet. Check,£25 free bet.

StanJames had a 2/1 mobile offer on the champions league the other night and I chose a bet that won at over 2/1,up to £25. Check,£25 free bet.

William Hill are doing a mobile 2nd place refund but I missed out on one yesterday as it finished 3rd.

I dont lose much because I lay the bets off on betfair.

The bookies, especially Ladbrokes, have been on the ball mostly. The Hurricane Fly and Annie Power promos must have helped them claw back a lot of money. But having said that I missed out on both the first 2 Betfred promos on Quevega and then SDG which would have netted a nice sum. They've got Bobs Worth to win by 5 lengths tomorrow. Most likely won't happen but I'll hit it for sure along with the Betdaq promo.

I'm still crying into my piss stained jeans!! I had dynaste win, more of that e/w, fingal bay e/w and taquin de seuil e/w, cause of causes e/w. profit of 680 today which makes up for my hell yesterday.

Bring on gold cup day. Briar Hill wins I'm a happy camper. just hope me backing him doesnt put the mockers on it. congrats to those who won today.

I would give you a word of caution regards Briar Hill tomorrow mate. I have him in doubles and treble s which if he wins brings me loads of coin. The word of caution is even though Ruby gave it in his pre cheltenham double and just about the whole of Ireland seem to be on it. The horse has never run over 2.4 mile before. This is a 3 mile race against proven 3 miler horses and against a horse whos stable is flying and has won group races at the distance in Kings Palace from the Pipe yard.

• Upvote 1

Caid du Berlais in the 4:40 appeals. Second in the Fred Winter last year. Nicholls trained, he won the same race last year. Not sure his stable is misfiring as such, with two very near misses in Southfield Theatre and Katgarry.

Most appealing though, on it's last hurdle race, it finished just 3 lengths 2nd to Jezki. Nothing in the race can match that form, although there's the risk a progressive sort might give a careers best performance.

10/1. I'm on, each way.

After having a disasterous 3 days...two winners, both on their own in lucky 15's. (one was Quevega and I got a massive €3.20 back) If the last 3 years have any bearing on my situation then Friday will be better, in them years I'm up about 6K from about €400,plus I had like 185 quid on a tip william hill radio gave afterwards at another meeting) just cos of the fridays (last year I had a lucky 31 that came off so as you imagine most of that came there) . Anyways, for Gold cup day Im going for.

1.30 Royal Irish Hussar 9/1/Guitar Pete 8/1 E/W

2.05 Cheltenian 6/1/ Arctic Fire E/W (if worth it, at 6/1 its just about)

2.40 Briar Hill 5/4/ Deputy Dan 16/1E/W

3.20 Bob's Worth (unbeaten at chelts and an absolute machine of a horse up the hill) / Last Installment 8/1 E/W (could win it)

4.00 On the fringe 3/1 (has to have a decent chance OR Oscar Delta 8/1 *should have won this race last year but unseated rider on the run in and will definitely go the distance and decent form since, if your backing two horses you cant discard that form so this has to be one of them

4.40  Vieux Lion Rouge 6/1....I know this lad, who is best mates with Connor O'Farrell and he told me last week to back this....cant go against that but it is Cheltenham...

5.15 Ned Buntine 8/1 E/W ...can't pick the winner of this to be honest, should go well as he always does in the tricky courses in Ireland under Carberry.

best of luck anyway lads, really hope that Vieux Lion Rouge does the business, as I said don't take it as gospel but it's the only one that I was told to back from anyone that knows anyone in racing circles, just thought I'd pass it on. 

The ones I quite like the look of tomorrow.

2.05 Cheltenian

2.40 Kings Palace, Deputy Dan,Briar Hill and The job is right. Got Briar in pre bets and will take all the beating if can handle the distance. At a big price of between 40/1 and 66/1 as a small e/w I like the look of the job is right. It was pulled up last time but the time before came second to Faugheen over this distance losing by 5 lengths.

3.20 Bobs worth and at bigger price The giant Bolster for a place. I do like silvano conti but I couldnt back a Nicholls horse at the second festival running. I am starting to think he is the bookies banker of the festival who fills there satchels with the amount of favs and fancied runners that do nothing at the festival.

4,00 On the fringe,oscar delta and tammys hill.

4.40 don poli

There the ones if I have a bet will come from them apart from briar hill who i have in bets already.

The ones I quite like the look of tomorrow.

2.05 Cheltenian

2.40 Kings Palace, Deputy Dan,Briar Hill and The job is right. Got Briar in pre bets and will take all the beating if can handle the distance. At a big price of between 40/1 and 66/1 as a small e/w I like the look of the job is right. It was pulled up last time but the time before came second to Faugheen over this distance losing by 5 lengths.

3.20 Bobs worth and at bigger price The giant Bolster for a place. I do like silvano conti but I couldnt back a Nicholls horse at the second festival running. I am starting to think he is the bookies banker of the festival who fills there satchels with the amount of favs and fancied runners that do nothing at the festival.

4,00 On the fringe,oscar delta and tammys hill.

4.40 don poli

There the ones if I have a bet will come from them apart from briar hill who i have in bets already.

Briars hill, Bobs worth and Oscar delta in an E/W treble could save the week for the lot of us....a tenner each way pays near 60 quid if Oscar Delta places.....660 if he wins..thats a damn good bet for 20quid as really fancy the other two

Briars hill, Bobs worth and Oscar delta in an E/W treble could save the week for the lot of us....a tenner each way pays near 60 quid if Oscar Delta places.....660 if he wins..thats a damn good bet for 20quid as really fancy the other two

Already have briars hill in doubles and trebles that will be wins. To be honest the more I am looking at the race the more I fancy Kings Palace.Oscar delta is the least likely out of the 3 for me to win.I fancied on the fringe before the festival but now Tammys hill is of interest and has beaten on the fringe. 

I cant help but think oscar delta last year was a one off. The race after cheltenham last year salsify beat it 35 lengths again(it beat it 53 lengths the race before cheltenham last year). The one thing putting me off on the fringe is nina riding it.

Had 97p left in my Paddy Power Cheltenham funds so thought 'Fuck It' and decide to an accumulator that I know won't reap the rewards it is teasing me with but it's worth a go with 47p each way.

13:30 - Broughton @ 15/2

14:05 - Never Enough Time @ 14/1

14:40 - Kings Palace @ 10/3

15:20 - Last Installment @ 15/2

16:00 - Harbour Court @ 5/1

16:40 - Card Du Berlais @ 10/1

17:15 - Next Sensation @ 15/2

if they all placed it's about £10.21.

If they all win it's £155,480.71.

Why the fuck not eh? It's only a bit of fun anyway.