You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beds

Avoid pillow tops. They all break down sooner or later, leaving you with an indent on each side.

Better to get a decent bed with a separate memory foam topper you can replace after a couple of years. Save yourself thousands too.

Ours are still ok after 5+ years. Although nothing about any bed Alan Sex sleeps in would surprise me.

Whats more worrying is that CD remembers seeing a picture of Remmie in bed with two birds.

Ha ha, was close-ish but drink and old age have addled the Carvalho memory banks. Here's what Remmie did post...http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/98311-this-is-probably-a-stupid-idea/

Looking for a king size bed base and they all seem pretty expensive for what you get. The last one I bought kept on breaking as I bought for cheap (about £150). Then I saw this:

SAM_0928-773192.JPG

IKEA Hackers: Bed made from Lack table and Expedit self

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

I was right the bed is still great. I still haven't got round to finishing it though, just got the edging to screw in still. It's had 3 girls sleep in it together and they had a great nights sleep, 2 people can walk around on it, so yeah I am very happy with it. Still need to take pictures though and do rue using different colours.

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

Anyone recommend a mattress topper. I've been thinking of getting one for a while now as I desperately need to do something to aid my sleep. Seen an advert on the telly during the early hours of the morning while I was wide awake again.

https://www.dormeo.co.uk/octaspring-body-zone-mattress-topper.html

It's half price at the moment so should I or shouldn't I ?

24 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Anyone recommend a mattress topper. I've been thinking of getting one for a while now as I desperately need to do something to aid my sleep. Seen an advert on the telly during the early hours of the morning while I was wide awake again.

https://www.dormeo.co.uk/octaspring-body-zone-mattress-topper.html

It's half price at the moment so should I or shouldn't I ?

Sorry mate but for some reason I can't open that link, keeps booting me out and shutting down  my browser for some reason.

On the subject of mattress toppers though, I got a 2 inch thick, duck feather filled king sized topper a couple of years ago off ebay, brand new for about £50 (I think). Definitey worth it, gives that extra touch of comfort and snugness you sometimes feel in a decent hotel bed.

4 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Sorry mate but for some reason I can't open that link, keeps booting me out and shutting down  my browser for some reason.

On the subject of mattress toppers though, I got a 2 inch thick, duck feather filled king sized topper a couple of years ago off ebay, brand new for about £50 (I think). Definitey worth it, gives that extra touch of comfort and snugness you sometimes feel in a decent hotel bed.

The link is for a Dormeo octaspring body zone topper.

octaspring-body-zone-mattress-topper_1.p

52 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Memory foam is rubbish, in my opinion. Makes you sweat.

I once binned our bed off and replaced it with a boss corner sofa, as I prefer sleeping upright. My wife wasn’t too pleased but it did create space for a massive new telly.

This post raises so many questions that it's impossible to even ask them all and expect a sensible answer. Magnificent.

• 6 months later...