You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Moving games for TV

Nomad

It seems with the way we are playing this season, TV has decided to show and move almost all of our games..We actually dont have 1 more Saturday home game for the rest of the season. I love going the match Saturday and staying out, cant do that on a Sunday. 

We actually only have 1 Saturday game left for definate and thats Cardiff away.

Sun - 16 premier_league_144x_76X26.pngMan United A 13:30

Sat - 22 premier_league_144x_76X26.pngCardiff A 15:00  

Wed - 26 premier_league_144x_76X26.pngSunderland H 20:00

Sun - 30 premier_league_144x_76X26.pngTottenham H 16:00

April 2014 Sun - 6 premier_league_144x_76X26.pngWest Ham A 16:00

Sun - 13 premier_league_144x_76X26.pngMan City H 14:05

Sun - 20 premier_league_144x_76X26.pngNorwich A 12:00

Sun - 27 premier_league_144x_76X26.pngChelsea H 14:05

May 2014 Sat - 3 premier_league_144x_76X26.pngCrystal Palace A 15:00  

Sun - 11 premier_league_144x_76X26.pngNewcastle H 15:00  

If man city win their next fa cup game our home game against them will be moved. No doubt the fa will put it a couple of days before we play Chelsea giving us two massive games again against the same opposition with little recovery time.

The last games should always be on a Saturday, that way people can celebrate or drown their sorrows properly.

Agree with this having it on a Sunday is daft...i can only assume this is done for Policing reasons.

Has the last game of the season always been on a Sunday, or has it just moved recently?

I remember going on the ale after our final game a few years back. I think it was the season when Sheff Utd went down and there was all that shit with Carlos Tevez. I'm sure it was a Saturday then.

Has the last game of the season always been on a Sunday, or has it just moved recently?

I remember going on the ale after our final game a few years back. I think it was the season when Sheff Utd went down and there was all that shit with Carlos Tevez. I'm sure it was a Saturday then.

That was a Sunday. It's been a Sunday most of the seasons the last 10 years - and I can remember the Blackburn game in 1995 being a Sunday.

Think it's to do with TV rules though whatever the reason is I can't see much logic in it as we have had Saturday games in the past as well.

If man city win their next fa cup game our home game against them will be moved. No doubt the fa will put it a couple of days before we play Chelsea giving us two massive games again against the same opposition with little recovery time.

I don't think so and it won't be the midweek after either, thank God. Chelsea have a possible semi final of the CL on the 22nd/23rd April and they will still be in the CL until 19th March at the earliest and I presume it will be refixed before that. 

Does anybody think that Friday evening kick offs should be introduced to the Premiership?

I remember going to the Oldham cup game a few years ago on a Friday night, and it seemed like a good idea to me.

Would certainly be preferable to Monday nights, but may well be vetoed on policing/safety grounds. I'm sure Sky were once prevented from moving Man Utd v Leeds to Christmas Eve in the late 1990s for that reason.

Does anybody think that Friday evening kick offs should be introduced to the Premiership?

I remember going to the Oldham cup game a few years ago on a Friday night, and it seemed like a good idea to me.

They do this in the LOI, which is great. Watch the game and then off the boozer for a few hours. I can’t think of many better ways to spend a friday evening.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fuck the TV companies. I'm going to start moving my TV for games.

I'm going to start moving for TV games. If it's on TV, I'm calling Pickfords.

• Upvote 1

Ian Rush against Aston Villa.  Mmmmmm, Friday night games...

Norwich away at 12??? As usual lets put the away match going fans first

Get down there and stay over Saturday.  Norwich is a party town, man.

Er.