You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Glen Johnson get a new contract?

tlw content

For anyone in the public eye, being on Twitter or other social media is like being caught out on the streets of John Carpenter's Manhattan Island prison after dark. The Crazies come out of the sewers and subways and attack you.

It's just amazing how bad he is and how he keeps getting selected. He is not some missing piece to a title winning team. He doesn't even play like he wants a new contract. If my performance at work were this poor I would be fired. The only reason he is still here is because no one wants him.

So we are back full circle, why is BR selecting him?

I think the treatment hes getting on here, twitter and in general is a disgrace.

he d be gone if rodgers didnt want him.

Good post and I repped the he deserves to be at qpr post by mistake.

I don't get the point of this constant criticism, he is clearly going to be here next season so shouldn't we be supporting our players instead of moaning about every missed pass.

It looks like hes not getting a contract and his detractors all say we cant shift him so as I say I don't see the point, glen has been a loyal servant aswell so doesn't deserve this especially when I see some fans can forgive Owen the judas.

• Downvote 1

I don't get the point of this constant criticism, he is clearly going to be here next season so shouldn't we be supporting our players instead of moaning about every missed pass.

It looks like hes not getting a contract and his detractors all say we cant shift him so as I say I don't see the point, glen has been a loyal servant aswell so doesn't deserve this especially when I see some fans can forgive Owen the judas.

Every missed pass, failed block at a cross, half assed challenge, getting caught up field, failing to provide an quality service at all, shooting 10 yards off target after some decent build up play, asking for a ride then getting his Wendy's BBQ sauce on my car seat whilst eating chips, the list goes on.

Loyal servant my ass. Maybe he is locked up in a basement somewhere and this doppelgänger is just out to sully his good name.

Ok. Other than the missed passes, failure to block a cross, half assed challenges, getting caught up field, failing to provide any quality service at all, shooting 10 yards off target after some decent build up play, being called Glen, trying to brand himself as England's number 2, looking like a real bobble-head, his hairstyle before this one, putting said hairstyle before the game, Palace (shudder) and his wages, is he really that bad?

• Upvote 2

He is going to be here because no one will take him on his contract and he will not accept less to omve on, not cuz Rodgers rates him. If Rodgers did - he wouldn't have gone out and bought a fullback for either side AND kept Flanagan and Enrique, He played today cuz there was no other option.

• Upvote 1

He's got a degree in accounting for god's sake, we should put him on payroll where he can actually be of some service. He's also got a fabulous smile and makes a blinding cup of tea, oh and he's also conversational in Spanish, what's not to like?

He is going to be here because no one will take him on his contract and he will not accept less to omve on, not cuz Rodgers rates him. If Rodgers did - he wouldn't have gone out and bought a fullback for either side AND kept Flanagan and Enrique, He played today cuz there was no other option.

enrique would have been in squad at least today if he was gonna be here.

Ok. Other than the missed passes, failure to block a cross, half assed challenges, getting caught up field, failing to provide any quality service at all, shooting 10 yards off target after some decent build up play, being called Glen, trying to brand himself as England's number 2, looking like a real bobble-head, his hairstyle before this one, putting said hairstyle before the game, Palace (shudder) and his wages, is he really that bad?[/size]

*flustered* the fucking BBQ sauce mate!!!!!!!

This is a forum and it is a valid topic of discussion, no?

He's taking over from where Aurelio left off.

There was a special locker Aurelio used to use. It had been assigned to Enrique since the day he had joined. He liked the locker, it was large and spacious and much bigger than the lockers at his old club. He had never mentioned it to anyone but there had been a small briefcase in the corner of the locker.

Late one night after training he finally looked in the case and found a strange looking thermos marked 'Property of Glass Boy'. He decided to drink it. What the hell, he may as well. Perhaps that would take away the taste from last night that was still lingering in his mouth like an unwanted player on high wages. They called it Johnson mouth. He drank the liquid. It tasted cool and refreshing.

Shortly afterwards on the drive home, he suddenly felt much weaker and fragile than ever before. Almost as if he could get a long-term injury at any point. He instantly regretted his hastiness in drinking the strange brew. He could feel his groin twinge and his hamstrings tighten. He looked down at his calf and he couldn't tell if it was the streetlights reflecting off the dash but for a moment it looked like it was made out of glass ! There and then Jose decided 2 things. Never to drink from thermos flasks that weren't his, and to stop eating so much pussy on an empty stomach. 

• Upvote 1