You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Glen Johnson get a new contract?

tlw content

Get's probably a bit more blame for what goes wrong than he should(i.e. someone else should be marking someone yet everyone will scream at Johnson for not being on said player) 

But hes just pissing me off royally these days, every fucking foray into the opposition half ends with him running the ball into nothing. He just isn't contributing going forward nor is he providing enough defensively. 

An upgrade wouldn't go amiss. 

He's been really, really awful.

It must also be said that Jon Flanagan has a lot of improving to do. Not sure if it's complacency or lack of concentration, but it isn't good enough to gift the ball to the opposition every third time like he's been doing the last while. The whole Scouse Cafu label is a little bit premature.

I feel terrible slating any of our players at the minute, but Johnson has been stealing a wage this season. Absolutely fucking dogshit yet again today. Cant even play a 10 yard pass to feet ! He has to go in the transfer window, and he can take Sakho, and Cissoko with him.

He's been really, really awful.

It must also be said that Jon Flanagan has a lot of improving to do. Not sure if it's complacency or lack of concentration, but it isn't good enough to gift the ball to the opposition every third time like he's been doing the last while. The whole Scouse Cafu label is a little bit premature.

Flanagan had a bad game today.

Maybe the occasion got to him.Hes had a very good first full season.

Defo worth sticking with.

I am so tired of seeing Johnson running forward and then just toe poking the ball aimlessly up in the air, trying to flip it over a defenders head.

So many promising postions break down because of him.

His sometime defensive shortcomings were often mitigated by his attacking prowess.

That prowess has now left the building.

Absolutely needs replacing.

Flanagan had a bad game today.

Maybe the occasion got to him.Hes had a very good first full season.

Defo worth sticking with.

Wasn't suggesting we get rid of him, just that he needs to improve quite a bit, something that Johnson's diabolical form has probably deflected from recently. I reckon Rodgers is the right man to bring him on further if the kid is willing enough.

It's not GJ's fault we didn't win it,

He'll end up at West Ham though.

He is a major part in us conceding so many goals during the season. The amount of crosses he has let come in from his side is unbelievable.

He's really frustrating and really average. He makes good runs now and then, but very rarely does anything with the ball and gets beaten far too often. We have to upgrade on him in the summer 100% 

He's had a few good games this season, usually against the bigger teams, but I've got the impression of late he's more arsed about playing for England in the WC than us. Get rid. 

• Upvote 1

How has Wisdom done on loan at Derby this season? Worthy of starting next season?

Done well apparently. Think he's played pretty much all their games. 

Dunno if I see him as a top flight right back personally as he doesn't seem all that quick. If Derby get promoted I'd loan him back and give him a season to show what he can do in the PL. He looks like a centre back to me. 

Injuries have taken their toll and lost his pace because of it. Now he cant make up for his positional frailties with speed. Sad that when he was champions league quality was when we weren't in it. His wages can be spent better on somebody else.

Injuries ruin some players careers, Lucas, Torres, Kelly. Johnson to name a few of the top of my head, there must be doubts on this score over Enrique. Unfortunate but he looks shot, time for a fresh legged dynamic pair of fullbacks.

• Upvote 1

It was quite noticeable how the crowd got on his back today.His days are numbered and I for one can't wait to see him gone. I would have got rid the day he got those dreds done, I remember watching the pick playing with his hair like a girl for 45 minutes against Sunderland. Ability was wasted on him, stick flanno into his body and you have the best right full in the world.