You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Permission Impossible

Rico1304

Nimbyism in all it's glory. People have to live somewhere, as long as it's not near me - that seemed to be the attitude.

Exactly. The kind of cunts that have a big empty field across the road from them, being used for nothing. As soon as somebody wants to use it for something productive i.e. housing, they're up in arms complaining. "But I like my view of an empty field, it makes me feel like a rural lord of the manor. Boo hoo."

• Upvote 1

I don't do Planning outta work. It's a rule I've got.

So I have no idea if this was that representative of what we do. Generally these programmes dumb it down too much and over simplify.

I understand my proffesional body may have opted out of participating on account of not being a positive portrayal. Not sure though, as I didn't really pay it much attention tbh.

The one on Wednesday showed a couple who moved their home brick by brick to a new site in the Cotswolds. Then a bloke over 500m away built a tree house that could just about see the couples garden. The way they went on you'd think he'd changed the back of the their house from brick to glass. Amusingly their objection was tuners down and the planners realised they'd added a terrace to their house that hadn't been approved.

I worked in Tivvy planning office. Trust me, sometimes that was the only way some of those lads would get it.

Popped into the downstairs of Slappers over christmas with a mate and his family, same as ever. Can't imagine they need to resort to drastic measures round there...

• Upvote 1

Oh, I've just remembered another one. A woman moaning about what would happen to the cows if a field was built on. Well love, they'll pro am be killed and eaten, or turned into dog food, like all cows.

For the long running TV series, "Pro-Am Slaughterhouse Kitchen". See a Z List celebrity and a member of the general public humanely slay a farm animal and create an interesting dish from the resulting meat products.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For the long running TV series, "Pro-Am Slaughterhouse Kitchen". See a Z List celebrity and a member of the general public humanely slay a farm animal and create an interesting dish from the resulting meat products.

Bollocks, I negged instead of repped. Can someone help me out?

Popped into the downstairs of Slappers over christmas with a mate and his family, same as ever. Can't imagine they need to resort to drastic measures round there...

Fucking grim that place. I lived in a flat in Market Terrace. I was seeing the bird who lived in the flat above and we used to go up to her flat (in the roof) and watch the fights on a Friday night. Regular as clockwork. Saw some sights, the fat lass bouts were quite a shock.

A bird, I say bird,but you know; the size of Grotbags tried to get a grip of me in there, I was fuckin petrified she was gonna bone me.

Cracking fry up though.

• Upvote 2

Fucking grim that place. I lived in a flat in Market Terrace. I was seeing the bird who lived in the flat above and we used to go up to her flat (in the roof) and watch the fights on a Friday night. Regular as clockwork. Saw some sights, the fat lass bouts were quite a shock.

A bird, I say bird,but you know; the size of Grotbags tried to get a grip of me in there, I was fuckin petrified she was gonna bone me.

Cracking fry up though.

Best flat I ever had overlooked a chippy (just a hatch in the wall type thing) where the denizens of three or four different nightclubs would mingle at the end of the night. Eyes down for big fight action. Like you say, the fat lass bouts were scary, and almost always resulted in some nasty flabby tits being unleashed in the heat of battle.

• Upvote 1

I don't do Planning outta work. It's a rule I've got.

So I have no idea if this was that representative of what we do. Generally these programmes dumb it down too much and over simplify.

I understand my proffesional body may have opted out of participating on account of not being a positive portrayal. Not sure though, as I didn't really pay it much attention tbh.

Definitely. I tend to avoid anything on tv that's work related. They invariably turn out cringey or shot through with inaccuracies 

• Upvote 1

Exactly. The kind of cunts that have a big empty field across the road from them, being used for nothing. As soon as somebody wants to use it for something productive i.e. housing, they're up in arms complaining. "But I like my view of an empty field, it makes me feel like a rural lord of the manor. Boo hoo."

I got particularly sore because I'd applied for planning permission several times and was rejected each time with a bollocks reason. Something about 'changing the look' of the area. My house is set 150 yards back off the main road on a private drive with three houses in it. Each one looking nothing like the others. Can't even see my house from the main road. Had to strike an expensive compromise which gives me less room than I wanted to protect the look of the area. Now the cunts have ridden roughshod over their own rules and want to build a couple of hundred houses on the field outside my house. Will they spend a fortune on them putting little fucking dormers everywhere to maintain the look of the area? Will they fuck. So it will have cost me 80 grand more than I wanted to spend to build a house with less space than I wanted only for some cunty developer to throw up a load of shite Barratt houses next door and knock 100 grand of the value of my house. That's economic facepalm mate not nimbyism.

Two sides to every story mate, the council would probably tell the story of knocking back some barmy tosser wanting to build something ridiculous, and then whining when they want to build some affordable housing for people to live in. Thats life.

You can't always get what you want, and you have to be conscious that your objection would look like NIMBYism regardless of motivation.

This won't be affordable housing; they're actually building that down the road, and I have no problem with it - in fact I supported the application because there are plenty of people working around here that genuinely cannot afford to live around here, even in rented accomm. This is greedy developers giving backhanders to greedy council officials to build pits of despair which will no doubt be marketed as executive houses and flogged for £750k a pop. No extra schools, the nearest shop is 2 miles away and no extra facilities. It's a complete scam and people are creaming off fortunes. Not just here of course, it's happening everywhere. Call me a nimby if you like, but it's a fact that it is a scam, and these cunts are going to bum me for a second time.

Yeah, without the full facts, I can't really comment. It would be naive to think that the whole backhander thing doesn't happen, because it does.

What I do have difficulty with is that you've got no recourse if you have a genuine grievance. You don't seem the kind of person to take something lying down if you can do something about it.

Oh, I've just remembered another one. A woman moaning about what would happen to the cows if a field was built on. Well love, they'll pro am be killed and eaten, or turned into dog food, like all cows.

jbrFML97zjKxDw.jpg