You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

These gourmet burger joints.

Mathewbet1

These gourmet burger kitchens are a bit meh, but their lime milk shakes are nice.

We'd been to the one in Covent Garden a couple of times, it was buzzy and fun, so called in to the one in Edinburgh one evening. It had all the ambience of a soup kitchen. I cant even remember the food the place was so grim. I'll not be going back

it's a slightly posher mcdonalds.  Some are better than others.  There's one i Fulham I went into about 10 years ago that was nice.  There's one in West Hampstead that's ok, and one in Guildford that's quite buzzy.  It's the lime shakes that do it for me.  

there's a mini chain in London called Hache - their burgers are excellent.  One in Camden that's been there for 10 years or so does really good nosh.

Peelers are always out! is there a Byron in Liverpool? Anyone see when Heston made the ultimate burger. Im on  a mission.

Yeah theres a Byron opposite John Lewis in Liverpool 1. Almost famous is well overrated I thought, my burger was shite. The Shipping Forecast on Slater St does a nice burger, and theres also a Gourmet Burger Kitchen round the back of L1 near the Odeon.

I work in Manchester city centre and i've been to Byron just to see what the crack was, burger was nice enough I guess but they dont come with fries so had to pay extra, also bought one of their beers, which basically came in a can the size of a coke can and cost £4 each. My mate had the same and the bill came to a shade over £34 which for what we got is eye watering. 

I went to the Almost Famous in the Northern Quarter before it burned down and to be fair the burger was superb and had plenty on it, they've just opened up again recently at the Great Northern so I reckon i will check it out, once again not particularly cheap though. I believe there is one in Liverpool.

edit - just seen John23 post about there being an AF in Liverpool

Theres a couple down here that are really popular. Always dead quirky the shop as well with exposed metal and wooden beams and budget seating. One of them is inside a shipping container.

Good food though, fills you up, which is worth the money in my eyes. You go to McDonalds and you pay £3.50 for burger and chips and it doesn't fill you up. I don't mind paying more for much better tasting food that does.

it's a slightly posher mcdonalds.  Some are better than others.  There's one i Fulham I went into about 10 years ago that was nice.  There's one in West Hampstead that's ok, and one in Guildford that's quite buzzy.  It's the lime shakes that do it for me.  

there's a mini chain in London called Hache - their burgers are excellent.  One in Camden that's been there for 10 years or so does really good nosh.

Thought that was Soho?

Stringy... MeatLiquor, Meatliquor

http://www.meatliquor.com/

The dead hippie with a Gameover to wash it down with, life changing. Well, maybe not, but it is prerry good.

For Brighton People or those visiting there are some cracking ones down here too, New Club, Smokeys, Troll's Pantry & the king of them all Burger Brothers.

GBK, can go F-U-C-K

It's a burger. Why people are getting so excited is beyond me. I went to meet some mates in Almost Famous a few weeks ago and they was raving about how amazing the burgers were. I had a bite, it tasted like...a burger. Not bad, but nevertheless just a burger.

Plus, i asked for a double voddy and coke at the bar and it came back in a jamjar. I nearly launched it at the barman.

Pretentious melts.

• Upvote 2

For the price of the crappy burger you get you could have a really good quality organic steak at home cooked to perfection.

I really don't get the appeal of places that serve you inferior food to what you can have at home and charge you an arm and a leg for it.

Someone else does the buying and washing up?

Although I know what you mean. And another reason I hate going out in big groups