You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Food Banks

Gnasher

People took this piss with Crisis loans, I had mates taken one out to buy drugs and alcohol, Food banks are a great idea but there should be better checks, Lookily i have never had to use one. One thing ill say as well is i did a shop renovation and saw the wastage from it and it pisses me off that we have to donate our food when all this perfectly good food goes to waste, Tescos Sainsburys Asda Iceland Waitrose etc are fucking cunts the day the sell buy date is abolished will be a joyous day for many poor folk.

People took this piss with Crisis loans, I had mates taken one out to buy drugs and alcohol, Food banks are a great idea but there should be better checks, Lookily i have never had to use one.[/quote

If you mate bought drugs of a crisis loan that money still got to be paid back. Most people use it for food. They take it of your dole, so if they bought drugs it still payed back anyway, so no cost to the taxpayer, no big deal.

People took this piss with Crisis loans, I had mates taken one out to buy drugs and alcohol, Food banks are a great idea but there should be better checks, Lookily i have never had to use one.[/quote

If you mate bought drugs of a crisis loan that money still got to be paid back. Most people use it for food. They take it of your dole, so if they bought drugs it still payed back anyway, so no cost to the taxpayer, no big deal.

I only ever had one Crisis loan and i can assure you i never had to pay it back

When we were about 18, one of my mates was signing on and he used to get one of those crisis loans every fortnight. He used to cash his giro and then ring up straight away saying he'd lost his money on the way home. This was before they brought in rules about how often you could apply for one. In the end, he was paying that many loans back that his jigga was down to £48 a fortnight, and he was paying his ma £40 of that for keep.

• Upvote 1

Nah, it amused me that Tesco were encouraging people to donate to them recently when I went though, with loads of their own brand shit next to a trolley for you to dump it in, seeing as it's companies like Tesco paying people shit wages, automating their tills and putting high streets out of business that's put people in the position of having to use shit like food banks in the for first place.

• Upvote 1

Ease up on Si there. Most people who aren't from an affluent family have a time of struggle so picking on someone who uses something our country should deliver is out of order. Personally i have been fortunate enough not to have to use any benefits but know a lot who have. Ok you might argue that they should have studied etc but that makes you a tory prick. 

Its a hard fucking life regardless of all our bravado and we all hit rock bottom , taking the piss about squeasents and african brechin right backs is one thing but of all the teams in this country, lets not bat away our own. 

Stringy, giz a job and a few grand mate