You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Weed

Paulie Dangerously

My train stinks of it this morning meaning that someone who got on at Walton (presumably on their way to work) has had spliff smoke coming out of their drug end.

More and more I'm coming across seemingly mundane daily activities permeated with the smell of freshly or recently smoked weed.

Is this a localised phenomenon or does it occur country wide?

FTM _\|/_

Does it kind of smell of cheese?

I think more and more people are smoking that particularly named honking type of it, the smell of which clings to clothes, seats, walls, people, the air etc like Skrtel at a corner. Mate had some in our garden during a gathering at mine a few years ago, and it was hanging in the air for absolutely hours and hours, well after they'd gone.

It's basically to this generation (and those who still smoke) what skunk was to us in the 90's. Smell appears to be like luggage.

I couldn't care less if people smoke but you have some serious issues if you are turning up to work/job interviews smelling of it.

This.

It also irks me when people openly smoke joints in public. I have no probs with the smoking per se, but it's the massive attention seeking and "look at me / aint I a rebel" juvenile attitude that makes me want to stub the fucker out on the rarf's eyeball.

• Upvote 2

This.

It also irks me when people openly smoke joints in public. I have no probs with the smoking per se, but it's the massive attention seeking and "look at me / aint I a rebel" juvenile attitude that makes me want to stub the fucker out on the rarf's eyeball.

Walking the dog in the woods yesterday, some young hoon was skinning up on the bench in full view of the very many people there all day every day. I bent our path to give him a wide berth as it struck me as attention-seeking, never looking over the once but aware of him out the corner of my field of vision, and he must have shifted his position half a dozen times, constant looks over at me while he's licking the papers etc, in that please see how much I don't want to be seen, I'm doing something illicit.

Fuck getting old tears the fun out of you doesn't it.

I can sniff weed out from 500 yards since giving it up 6 months ago. I can tell you the 16 houses by ours that are doing a grow, and that's just noticing it on my morning run. All within a 1 mile radius.

It's getting pretty bad for scals to be blatantly carrying it around or going somewhere stinking of it.

I would take every measure possible to make sure that I never stank of it. Even if I was having a little one in my shed.

It's not nice.

See it far more when I go home to Liverpool to be fair. Most of my mates smoke weed while only a few do down here. 

I do have 2 south african mates down here though who are serious weed smokers. One can't function unless he has rolled a fat one first thing. 

Personally i hate the stuff. doesn't agree with me despite me smoking a lot when i was a lot younger. If I had even a drag of a spliff now i'm sat down for a good hour feeling sick. 

I hate the smell of stale weed stuck to your clothes and stuff. I've got a mate who constantly smells of it, it's fucking disgusting. I don't know why more people don't vape it. You get a much better high, none of the carcinogens and the smell doesn't stick to you.

I hate the smell of stale weed stuck to your clothes and stuff. I've got a mate who constantly smells of it, it's fucking disgusting. I don't know why more people don't vape it. You get a much better high, none of the carcinogens and the smell doesn't stick to you.

Vaping weed?

Fucking hell Moof, you're a professional. Snorting MDMA, vaping weed. I was like that when I was much much younger, always trying to find new ways to get fucked up off stuff. Have you done pills up your arse yet? Never tried it myself, not sure what the effects are.

Heres a tip. When you hit your 40's, don't go out to pubs and clubs on drugs. Its a young persons game and it just looks scruffy when older people do it. Just sayin'.

• Upvote 1

bigger surface area for the drugs to hit... therefore bigger hit, and your arse is more absorbent than the mouth and nose, used to know a lad who insisted on hooping his pills.. there's a few nasty side effects too to putting coke up yer arse but each to their own...

Just an absolutely fantastic expression.  Said as a matter of course.