Quantcast
Line of Duty - Page 24 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
RedKnight

Line of Duty

So much for all that hype. It was decent but hardly the greatest episode ever. Best bit for me was Steve and Kate doing a The Wire-style car meet. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

It’s Kate, I reckon they are related. 

No. We’ve seen too much dialogue between them for that to be true. It’ll be one of the bent coppers from a previous series. Maybe Keeley Hawes. 

Enjoyed that. It’s not a documentary so why people moan about bits of fiction is beyond me (like a man on his back shooting upwards with a handgun and hitting a man in the head about 80 ft away).  As I said it’s not a documentary. 

Just now, Paul said:

No. We’ve seen too much dialogue between them for that to be true. It’ll be one of the bent coppers from a previous series. Maybe Keeley Hawes. 

I’d be happy for Keeley’s DNA to be all over my house. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Think it's Tommy Hunter from first couple of series, he was Scottish 

Good shout. 

Decent episode, though i agree with it being overhyped.

I thought they said that they werent sure the DNA was a police officer, so it was compared to DNA on 'other' databases (suggesting its a non officer and potential convict) and they found the match.

The Hunter thing seems the obvious choice given he is Scottish but is it too obvious?

The scrote cop Ryan and that other cop who was helping Kate look like they're related too.

While it was nowhere near to living up to the hype suggested, and formulaic when you consider episodes the show has delivered in the past, the episode had a good mix of action and dialogue. It furthered the plot and muddied the waters just enough to keep the interest going.

Hastings likes to do things by the book, but the trouble with that is that it brings far too many people into the loop. He needs to go rogue. It would be great if he goes all Bryan Mills on all these OCG members and bent coppers.

33 minutes ago, John102 said:

I thought the most interesting thing was Lakewell stressing that he didnt talk, when he was in the interview.

Worked out well for him.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Worked out well for him.

You cant get a 2 week holiday to Tenerife, in the middle of your sentence, and expect the OCG to think you are on the level.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John102 said:

I thought the most interesting thing was Lakewell stressing that he didnt talk, when he was in the interview.

I can’t get to past the fact he was david brent’s boss in the Office. 

What was the cause of death?

‘Being a rat, ma’am’.

Ice cold and pretty funny.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

On 29/03/2021 at 16:55, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Do we reckon Davidson is linked to Corbett, as in his sister?

The picture of Davidson and her (appears to be) mother in the photograph. Reminded me of Corbett’s mam. 

Could see that convoy attack coming from miles away. I actually said to the Mrs someone will throw a stinger out and Lenny James would come at them from a side street in a combine harvester. I was half right.

This from the Guardian open forum is quite far fetched, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least, given how far fetched the show is anyway.

"Since Lee Banks was in contact with Ted while in prison during season 5 I suspect he might be an undercover cop.

Which makes me suspect Banks didn't really kill Lakewell. It was a show put on in front of Buckles so everyone would think Lakewell is dead, so Lakewell could then disappear into a witness protection programme with a new identity. As Arnott had promised him. Which means Lakewell had already told Arnott all he knew about the OCG."

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Could see that convoy attack coming from miles away. I actually said to the Mrs someone will throw a stinger out and Lenny James would come at them from a side street in a combine harvester. I was half right.

I'm sure stating what is about happen massively enhances her viewing experience. 

Bit of a side note, but I've always found it cringey how, this far in, they still refer to the gang they're after as this generic 'organised crime group' rather than giving them a specific codename like, I dunno, The Cutthroats, or The Bad Balaclava Men.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Bit of a side note, but I've always found it cringey how, this far in, they still refer to the gang they're after as this generic 'organised crime group' rather than giving them a specific codename like, I dunno, The Cutthroats, or The Bad Balaclava Men.

AC-12 should have a CHIS name the OCG. Nawty Boys?

• Upvote 1

I’ve not seen a minute of this but suspect it’s absolute garbage. Another one I hear identikit, off the shelf, personality vacuum Police Officers discussing. File under Life on Mars , Hot Fuzz and Luther.  

As if it gets any more exciting in real life than someone being suspended for trying to return an ‘unworn’ suit they actually wore at a wedding and producing their warrant card as evidence of their supposed honesty. Or the knobhead who was adding his own reduced stickers to joints of beef. Make a series out of that. 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Total Longo said:

This from the Guardian open forum is quite far fetched, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least, given how far fetched the show is anyway.

"Since Lee Banks was in contact with Ted while in prison during season 5 I suspect he might be an undercover cop.

Which makes me suspect Banks didn't really kill Lakewell. It was a show put on in front of Buckles so everyone would think Lakewell is dead, so Lakewell could then disappear into a witness protection programme with a new identity. As Arnott had promised him. Which means Lakewell had already told Arnott all he knew about the OCG."

That sounds ridiculous, and almost certainly true.