You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Line of Duty

RedKnight

18 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I wonder if there's a chance it may be postponed given what a copper has just done. A show about police corruption at a time when an officer has abducted and murdered someone, not great.

I reckon they will as Police Corruption has gone on for years

Saying that, I suppose it depends on the content of the story and how closely it relates to Sarah Everard.

58 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I wonder if there's a chance it may be postponed given what a copper has just done. A show about police corruption at a time when an officer has abducted and murdered someone, not great.

Could do... I remember a show on the BBC called Good Cop with Warren Brown set in Liverpool which actually wasn’t too bad and was pulled after two female police officers were murdered in Manchester in 2012

Seasons two, three and four are the best. The first season and the last one focus too much on the criminal organisation and spend less time with the police which is where it’s at its best. 

I thought the last season was by far the worst though. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Seasons two, three and four are the best. The first season and the last one focus too much on the criminal organisation and spend less time with the police which is where it’s at its best. 

I agree, still find it a good watch though 

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

Agreed. 

I got on to the show late and if I'd have watched the first season as it happened, I'd have given up. The worst two seasons were the ones with the two highest profile actors in Lennie James and Stephen Graham. With Graham in particular it's like they shoehorned him into a role as opposed to him being right for the show.

Dot Cotton remains the best baddie, the actor that played him was ace in Misfits as well, not so much in that utter shite Whitechapel show he was in.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I still really enjoy it. People moan because it’s far fetched but everyone knows that going in, it’s not meant to be realistic. 

Same thing with Luther which I also love. Of course there isn’t a serving Met detective running around London single-handedly catching serial killers and battering gangsters. It’s just good popcorn TV. 

Is Whitechapel the one where he plays the heir to the Krays? That is honestly the worst bit of telly I’ve ever seen.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yeah I still really enjoy it. People moan because it’s far fetched but everyone knows that going in, it’s not meant to be realistic. 

Same thing with Luther which I also love. Of course there isn’t a serving Met detective running around London single-handedly catching serial killers and battering gangsters. It’s just good popcorn TV. 

Is Whitechapel the one where he plays the heir to the Krays? That is honestly the worst bit of telly I’ve ever seen.

Yeah, it was beyond dreadful.

• 2 weeks later...

They've ramped the "police jargon" up to unintelligible  levels, and it was bad enough before. Sounded like they were going on about jizz falling from heights and jizz handlers last night. 

"Yeah, 2037 here. Call the OCP and tell them that we need a BCG on the jizz handler 666, tell the KGB about the IRA and call up the data on the MFI. Over"    

• Upvote 2