You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Line of Duty

RedKnight

1 hour ago, belarus said:

Me and the mrs have tried to get into this a couple of times and found it really cheesy. Utter shite by all accounts.

There just isn’t any grit to it - it’s like an unrealistic portrayal of everything. The dialogue, the conversations, the music over slow mos between the plot. 

It might be that it’s meant to be like that, but we could get into it at all

It's kind of just a fun white-knuckle ride, suspect everyone kinda show where you have to suspend your disbelief a bit. Grit and ultra realism isn't what it's designed to provide. 

42 minutes ago, Stickman said:

The BBC are currently showing Between The Lines from the mid 90’s which was a really great series about police corruption....Well worth a watch and way more realistic than Line of Duty

The first two episodes have been taken off. Bit of a twat that.

2 hours ago, belarus said:

Me and the mrs have tried to get into this a couple of times and found it really cheesy. Utter shite by all accounts.

There just isn’t any grit to it - it’s like an unrealistic portrayal of everything. The dialogue, the conversations, the music over slow mos between the plot. 

It might be that it’s meant to be like that, but we could get into it at all

12 million people would disagree with this. The last episode was a bit shite, still watched it and will watch the next one's. While it is a bit "big bit" over the top and unrealistic it's twists and turns keep it interesting. Ted is class and a funny fucker. 

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I thought it was announced the BBC had commissioned it for this series and another months ago? 

The ending was far more realistic than other series but I still enjoyed it. 

Yeah I thought it had more to come. Really didn't enjoy that last series as much as any of the others and the ending of the last episode was a huge let down. Its been a parody of itself this series but it was all worth it for the "Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey" line. They must have been in stitches filming it. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hmm.... referring to his height wasn't he? 

I think they missed a trick, would have been ace if it turned out to be him and he was actually a savant. Ended it on something like him unpacking his stuff at his new place, flips open his computer and typed an order out.

• Upvote 1

Finished it, what an anti-climax. Overall, it is a compelling watch because the storytelling is often superb, S2 to S5, as unrealistic as it is and with all the plot holes. Linking the seasons as building up to some big reveal was always going to produce a disappointing ending of S6. It's a writer's nightmare.

15 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I think they missed a trick, would have been ace if it turned out to be him and he was actually a savant. Ended it on something like him unpacking his stuff at his new place, flips open his computer and typed an order out.

Yes! Discriminating bastards 

3 hours ago, Champ said:

He would have called him by his name if he was just short

You have to be careful with short people. They breathe the swamp infested air near the ground which can cause brain damage and on top of their already smaller brains this can cause many cognitive issues and lead to eventual madness

1 minute ago, mattyq said:

You have to be careful with short people. They breathe the swamp infested air near the ground which can cause brain damage and on top of their already smaller brains this can cause many cognitive issues and lead to eventual madness

They make me feel tall though so its not all bad! 

13 hours ago, mattyq said:

Will that was a bit uncalled for, matty. I was just saying…

*posted from the infested swamp

18 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

I was hoping he’d go full Keyser Soze when he got back the house. Would have been a far better ending than what we got.

Far more serious than someone with a brummy accent getting taken seriously as a crime lord would be. 

10 hours ago, Champ said:

Will that was a bit uncalled for, matty. I was just saying…

*posted from the infested swamp

Sorry, Champ, was thinking about my missus who is 5' nothing and mad as a box of frogs

No heightist thoughts were aimed at your good self 

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

Sorry, Champ, was thinking about my missus who is 5' nothing and mad as a box of frogs

No heightist thoughts were aimed at your good self 

I was pulling your leg

• 2 months later...