You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Line of Duty

RedKnight

17 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm a bit bemused that after six series and 36 episodes, everyone is only just now realising this show is complete hokum.

But still the most entertaining hokum on British television.

35. There were only 5 episodes in the original series. I bet you spell definitely wrong as well, don’t you, H?

22 hours ago, RedKnight said:

Still good fun in my book. 

As for the 'no comment' thing, Jed Mercurio must have been watching a lot of 24 Hours in Police Custody.

Any comment, Anubis?

This bit is probably the most realistic part of the whole story. How Police officers don’t reach over the table and throttle some of these scrotes on a regular basis I don’t know

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Champ said:

Any comment, Anubis?

This bit is probably the most realistic part of the whole story. How Police officers don’t reach over the table and throttle some of these scrotes on a regular basis I don’t know

It wasn't realistic because she said "no comment" a few times and spilled the beans. Surely if you want to not implicate yourself with the 'no comment' stance, then that's all you'll say for the full interview.

29 minutes ago, Elite said:

It wasn't realistic because she said "no comment" a few times and spilled the beans. Surely if you want to not implicate yourself with the 'no comment' stance, then that's all you'll say for the full interview.

Well, yes, because even I will accept that if she played it properly true to life and maintained an entire ‘no comment’ interview it wouldn’t have taken the story on very far

I think they will mostly wrap it up, maybe even reveal H, but leave the door ajar for a final feature length episode.  From what I've read this probably should have been the finale but because of Covid they didn't get to do everything they wanted so might be a bit loath to end it now.

15 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Predictions for tonight then? Will they wrap up the whole ‘H’ storyline or are they going to drag it out for another season?

I think they'll wrap it up and then move onto a different arc, which will mean at least two more seasons. It's become too popular to stop for the BBC.