You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Line of Duty

RedKnight

They’ve devoted so much of this series to being essentially a greatest hits farewell tour, bringing together all the different plotlines and characters from the various series, this really does need to now be the last ever episode coming up, to deliver the pay-off.

If it ends with, oooh, they nearly caught H but still didn’t uncover him, wait for series 7 to find out who it is, their audience numbers by rights should go through the floor.

Jimmy Saville's police mate's son murdered Steven Lawrence and Jill Dando was about to expose it until someone busted a cap in her ass and H's mate's daughter/niece was planted in the force years ago with the expectation that she would climb the ranks at sufficient speed to cover it all up. 

When you read it like that - which is basically the plot - it does sound mental.

They should just go all in now and break the bank to cast Tom Hardy as The Krays. 

"Listen son, are you the gay one? How about you cottage me this - who is H?!" 

"Is he talking to me? I fink he's talking to me?"

"Yeah he's talking to you Ron. Look I'm sorry mate he hasn't had his tablets. Look we don't know who H is, we're just your standard East End villains ain't we?"

"DO YOU THINK! THAT I!?! Floated up the Thames in a bubble son! You've both got another thing coming believe you me!"

"Reg what's he on about?"

"I dunno mate."  

35 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

H is deffo James Nesbitt's appalling wig. It will be like that Simpson's Halloween episode where Snake's hair attached itself to Homer and turned him evil.

Hairline of Duty.  

Repped for the long drawn out premise just to get a terrible pun in.

This is quickly becoming the dumbest shit I've ever watched. Its making Dr Who feel legit. If that whole look beyond the "race claim" being an anagram of carmichael minus the H is a true theory then I am going to roundhouse kick my fucking TV. Its bad enough knowing I've got James fucking Nesbitt to look forward too an absolute atrocity of an actor. There's suspending belief for the sake of drama but theres got to be some kind of boundaries to a drama.

11 hours ago, Section_31 said:

This series of Line of Duty has been a bit like being Bishop Brennan and getting kicked up the arse, you won't notice how much daft nonsense it is until about a month after it's finished. Virtually none of it makes sense. 

No idea why Kate went on the run given that she'd shot someone in self defence and was licensed to have a firearm, no idea why she was ready to have some kind of Thelma and Louise style shootout at the end before Steve talked her down. 

No idea why the OCG exclusively only drive black Range Rovers and wear balaclavas (talk about conspicuous), no idea why Steve has failed a dug test but gets about a week's worth of polite emails inviting him in for a chat. 

No idea why nobody thinks it's weird that a probationary PC is allowed to sit in on Major Investigation Team briefings. 

I think the show has gone down that route that many go down, where the more popular they become the more they have to drag it out even though they've got no ideas. I also think - and it'd be interesting to know if this is true -  that it's been designed around new viewing habits (i.e people watching and sharing clips on social media) because most of it seems to be a medley of funny looks and 'clues'. 

It was boss years ago but now it's basically just a bit mental. I still enjoy it for what it is, but like most British telly, it's not a patch on something like The Shield.  

Of course it's going to be over the top and full of drama, that's what dramas are about and everyone loves it. Whoever wrote it has done a great job. So many twists and turns. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, stringvest said:

When those two bruisers came in it looked like she was going to get aggressively lezzed to death.  I feared for her lady parts, I truly did.

"This place is like a maze" 

What shape were the Maze Prisons in Norn Iron? 

H shaped. I rest my case, M'Lud.

• Upvote 3