You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Line of Duty

RedKnight

6 hours ago, Charles Penrose said:

I’ve not seen a minute of this but suspect it’s absolute garbage. Another one I hear identikit, off the shelf, personality vacuum Police Officers discussing. File under Life on Mars , Hot Fuzz and Luther.  

As if it gets any more exciting in real life than someone being suspended for trying to return an ‘unworn’ suit they actually wore at a wedding and producing their warrant card as evidence of their supposed honesty. Or the knobhead who was adding his own reduced stickers to joints of beef. Make a series out of that. 

Life on Mars neg.

Am I being really dense but when they sprang Lakewell from prison why did they leave in convoy with all sirens blaring? They couldn’t have drawn more attention to themselves if they’d tried. This must be the point but I can’t fathom why

• 2 weeks later...

Any news Keet?

Yes ma’am we have info from AC-12, one of their CHIS’S stopped a suspected OCG member on the M1 driving a XJS, he was listening to ELO and XTC. On searching the boot of the XJS under some MDF they found a large amount of MDMA, the driver one P.J May an ex MMA fighter denied he knew the MDMA was in the XJS. 

OK Keet good work.

Ma’am.

9 hours ago, littletedwest said:

No way is it him. They haven't brought James nesbitt in as just one photo I'm sure

As unlikely as that is, i'm definitely hoping it's true as he is a dreadful actor. 

It's deffo gone off on one as a series too, i can't decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

This series of Line of Duty has been a bit like being Bishop Brennan and getting kicked up the arse, you won't notice how much daft nonsense it is until about a month after it's finished. Virtually none of it makes sense. 

No idea why Kate went on the run given that she'd shot someone in self defence and was licensed to have a firearm, no idea why she was ready to have some kind of Thelma and Louise style shootout at the end before Steve talked her down. 

No idea why the OCG exclusively only drive black Range Rovers and wear balaclavas (talk about conspicuous), no idea why Steve has failed a dug test but gets about a week's worth of polite emails inviting him in for a chat. 

No idea why nobody thinks it's weird that a probationary PC is allowed to sit in on Major Investigation Team briefings. 

I think the show has gone down that route that many go down, where the more popular they become the more they have to drag it out even though they've got no ideas. I also think - and it'd be interesting to know if this is true -  that it's been designed around new viewing habits (i.e people watching and sharing clips on social media) because most of it seems to be a medley of funny looks and 'clues'. 

It was boss years ago but now it's basically just a bit mental. I still enjoy it for what it is, but like most British telly, it's not a patch on something like The Shield.  

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, littletedwest said:

No way is it him. They haven't brought James nesbitt in as just one photo I'm sure

If they have it’s probably been the best performance I’ve seen from him

I thought the last series was bad enough but this has been awful I can’t believe they’ve managed to pan it out to seven episodes.

I think Kate turning into Steve McQueen from Bullitt last night was the final straw 

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

This series of Line of Duty has been a bit like being Bishop Brennan and getting kicked up the arse, you won't notice how much daft nonsense it is until about a month after it's finished. Virtually none of it makes sense. 

No idea why Kate went on the run given that she'd shot someone in self defence and was licensed to have a firearm, no idea why she was ready to have some kind of Thelma and Louise style shootout at the end before Steve talked her down. 

No idea why the OCG exclusively only drive black Range Rovers and wear balaclavas (talk about conspicuous), no idea why Steve has failed a dug test but gets about a week's worth of polite emails inviting him in for a chat. 

No idea why nobody thinks it's weird that a probationary PC is allowed to sit in on Major Investigation Team briefings. 

I think the show has gone down that route that many go down, where the more popular they become the more they have to drag it out even though they've got no ideas. I also think - and it'd be interesting to know if this is true -  that it's been designed around new viewing habits (i.e people watching and sharing clips on social media) because most of it seems to be a medley of funny looks and 'clues'. 

It was boss years ago but now it's basically just a bit mental. I still enjoy it for what it is, but like most British telly, it's not a patch on something like The Shield.  

I think it’s fallen off a cliff this series. The whole “no comment”, now I’ll tell you a bit and now I’m back to “no comment” again thing was beyond parody - and it went on for what felt like half the episode!!! And the overarching series narrative arc is so complex no fucker can remember anything. And why has Vicky McClure, one of the best actors of her generation when working with Shane Meadows, become this wooden, cliched robot in this?

I’m too far in to fuck it off now, but this series has been weak as fuck. 

• Upvote 2