You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Line of Duty

RedKnight

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

It’s Kate, I reckon they are related. 

No. We’ve seen too much dialogue between them for that to be true. It’ll be one of the bent coppers from a previous series. Maybe Keeley Hawes. 

Decent episode, though i agree with it being overhyped.

I thought they said that they werent sure the DNA was a police officer, so it was compared to DNA on 'other' databases (suggesting its a non officer and potential convict) and they found the match.

The Hunter thing seems the obvious choice given he is Scottish but is it too obvious?

The scrote cop Ryan and that other cop who was helping Kate look like they're related too.

While it was nowhere near to living up to the hype suggested, and formulaic when you consider episodes the show has delivered in the past, the episode had a good mix of action and dialogue. It furthered the plot and muddied the waters just enough to keep the interest going.

Hastings likes to do things by the book, but the trouble with that is that it brings far too many people into the loop. He needs to go rogue. It would be great if he goes all Bryan Mills on all these OCG members and bent coppers.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

No. We’ve seen too much dialogue between them for that to be true. It’ll be one of the bent coppers from a previous series. Maybe Keeley Hawes. 

On 29/03/2021 at 16:55, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Do we reckon Davidson is linked to Corbett, as in his sister?

The picture of Davidson and her (appears to be) mother in the photograph. Reminded me of Corbett’s mam. 

This from the Guardian open forum is quite far fetched, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least, given how far fetched the show is anyway.

"Since Lee Banks was in contact with Ted while in prison during season 5 I suspect he might be an undercover cop.

Which makes me suspect Banks didn't really kill Lakewell. It was a show put on in front of Buckles so everyone would think Lakewell is dead, so Lakewell could then disappear into a witness protection programme with a new identity. As Arnott had promised him. Which means Lakewell had already told Arnott all he knew about the OCG."

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Bit of a side note, but I've always found it cringey how, this far in, they still refer to the gang they're after as this generic 'organised crime group' rather than giving them a specific codename like, I dunno, The Cutthroats, or The Bad Balaclava Men.

AC-12 should have a CHIS name the OCG. Nawty Boys?

• Upvote 1

I’ve not seen a minute of this but suspect it’s absolute garbage. Another one I hear identikit, off the shelf, personality vacuum Police Officers discussing. File under Life on Mars , Hot Fuzz and Luther.  

As if it gets any more exciting in real life than someone being suspended for trying to return an ‘unworn’ suit they actually wore at a wedding and producing their warrant card as evidence of their supposed honesty. Or the knobhead who was adding his own reduced stickers to joints of beef. Make a series out of that. 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Total Longo said:

This from the Guardian open forum is quite far fetched, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least, given how far fetched the show is anyway.

"Since Lee Banks was in contact with Ted while in prison during season 5 I suspect he might be an undercover cop.

Which makes me suspect Banks didn't really kill Lakewell. It was a show put on in front of Buckles so everyone would think Lakewell is dead, so Lakewell could then disappear into a witness protection programme with a new identity. As Arnott had promised him. Which means Lakewell had already told Arnott all he knew about the OCG."

That sounds ridiculous, and almost certainly true.

15 minutes ago, Charles Penrose said:

I’ve not seen a minute of this but suspect it’s absolute garbage. Another one I hear identikit, off the shelf, personality vacuum Police Officers discussing. File under Life on Mars , Hot Fuzz and Luther.  

As if it gets any more exciting in real life than someone being suspended for trying to return an ‘unworn’ suit they actually wore at a wedding and producing their warrant card as evidence of their supposed honesty. Or the knobhead who was adding his own reduced stickers to joints of beef. Make a series out of that. 

16EBFF90-0791-4442-B35E-0790530AECC4.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Charles Penrose said:

CF264A5D-A01C-42DC-ADC8-4B78B3EFA4A4.gif

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Charles Penrose said:

Spoken like a miserable ex bobby there Charles.

Just like my arl fella, who actually enjoys the wackiness of it all.

1 hour ago, Charles Penrose said:

Remember that funny one the other week when a Bobby snatched a woman off the street, did god knows what to her and then chopped her up and dumped parts of her body in a bag?

• Upvote 1