You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Line of Duty

RedKnight

7 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Is everyone ready?

Yep. We've got a 'shot' bingo ready with limoncello. 

"Rogue" "Bent" "Fella" "Darlin" "Higher Rank" "Mate" a shit scouse accent "Sucking diesel/gas" "corrupt police officers" "the letter of the law" Stephen Grahams face on the screen and have to down a drink all the way through the fucking cunt recording beep which may or may not kill one of us. 

Fuck you. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve only ever watched the first series but had occasion to watch the episode tonight, even though I haven’t watched the series. It was most amusing and from what I can gather, a bit of a damp squib with no real resolution.

They dropped the ball on this one, teasing us with the Hastings story and unsurprisingly twisting it at the end. They have obviously considered there's even more milage in this foolishness. Was this written by a ten year old, because if it was I'm disappointed as I'd expect better.

If they continue to distance themselves from the excellent former series people will stop watching. 

The only way to keep a story like this going is to make events ever more preposterous, and what was once captivating soon becomes mediocre and leaves you questioning whether it's worth continuing to follow.

The story was miles better when it focussed on the likes of Tommy Hunter, Lindsay Denton and the identity of The Caddy.

10 minutes ago, Red74 said:

How did the female copper know Biggelow was gonna get nicked and be ready to take her out in the toilets seeing as only Arnott & Fleming had only just sprung it on them all in the interview room

What do you mean? She was there when it happened, wasn't she? All she had to do was get (or already have) a weapon? Why the fuck she would crudely attack her with a knife in the bog of a police station is another matter though. Only one of the truly ridiculous things that happened in the last half hour. I mean SPOILER ALERT - how crass was that garbage about the morse code?

All that said, I just take LOD for what it is - entertaining yet unbelievable. But that was pushing it last night.

11 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

What do you mean? She was there when it happened, wasn't she? All she had to do was get (or already have) a weapon? Why the fuck she would crudely attack her with a knife in the bog of a police station is another matter though. Only one of the truly ridiculous things that happened in the last half hour. I mean SPOILER ALERT - how crass was that garbage about the morse code?

All that said, I just take LOD for what it is - entertaining yet unbelievable. But that was pushing it last night.

That last half hour was terrible. It felt like they had no idea what to do with the H story. I’d have preferred it if they’d have ended it with Ted being H than that morse code crap. How did he pick that up from a paused screen.

That piss off line from Fleming was embarrassing fan service. She burns my head out with her wooden acting and everyone seems to love her. 

4 minutes ago, Red74 said:

That last half hour was terrible. It felt like they had no idea what to do with the H story. I’d have preferred it if they’d have ended it with Ted being H than that morse code crap. How did he pick that up from a paused screen.

That piss off line from Fleming was embarrassing fan service. She burns my head out with her wooden acting and everyone seems to love her. 

She became practically a non-entity in this series but I have liked her in previous ones. At one point, her and Steve were pretty much being reduced to being narrators.

The whole ending definately had a feeling of being rushed and the way they whipped the rug out from under our noses with the whole morse code thing, essentially suggesting there was no H all along, was ridiculous. There's no way he'd thought of that happening when he wrote the ending of series 3. 

10 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

She became practically a non-entity in this series but I have liked her in previous ones. At one point, her and Steve were pretty much being reduced to being narrators.

The whole ending definately had a feeling of being rushed and the way they whipped the rug out from under our noses with the whole morse code thing, essentially suggesting there was no H all along, was ridiculous. There's no way he'd thought of that happening when he wrote the ending of series 3. 

It was like Ted Rogers revealing the impossible answer on 321 when she said 4 dots were H which means there’s 4 caddies

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DimReaper said:

GraveAnnualAlligatorgar-small.gif

• Upvote 3

Help I'm dying bleeding out on the floor and can't talk. I know I'll send a message via morse code with Myleene fingers. Fuck off, I had to learn morse code, and all I now know is exactly what everyone else knows. S and O 

They're having us for mugs and wasting 5 hours to throw that in was just daft. The problem with not watching it is the storyline is everywhere the next day, so it's not as if you can avoid it and choose to watch it at another date. 

As a decent show it's gone. I'll get over it.