You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Line of Duty

RedKnight

9 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Anybody watch this last night? Thoughts?

I'm not enjoying this series as much as the others, it's a bit all over the place and the 'H' stuff is beginning to grate as they are constantly shoving it down the viewers throats in the most unsubtle way ever. It's still decent but a bit of a let down.

• Upvote 1

First episode was decent since then it's gone downhill with every episode consisting of who H is , Hastings looking depressed in his Travel Tavern hotel, Arnott and Graham,s characters shouting at each other in a car park / dark alley or the bird in Graham's gang doing lingering untrustworthy looks at Graham whenever he say's something .

Yep agreed. Sunday nights was shit. Stephen Graham’s acting is just doing my head in now. He has been good in other things but utter turd in this.

I was that annoyed with  Sunday’s that when I watched it last night I nearly put my foot through the tv when mcclure said to Arnott after he called her in the room for a chat “what’s going on mate?” 

This series started so good. It’s in danger of becoming a parody of itself. 

Right now its not.... sucking diesel. 

When they were trying to convince us that the undercover officer was the female, her relationship with Corbett clearly had Corbett as the much stronger and more powerful character. The instant we discovered he was the undercover officer the relationship changed dramatically with the female now being the stronger character. Well that's how it appears to me.

It's poorly written and nowhere near as good as previous series. Promoting Kate hasn't really helped at all either. 

24 minutes ago, 1001000 said:

When they were trying to convince us that the undercover officer was the female, her relationship with Corbett clearly had Corbett as the much stronger and more powerful character. The instant we discovered he was the undercover officer the relationship changed dramatically with the female now being the stronger character. Well that's how it appears to me.

You're right about this bit. Corbett seemed to be a much more dangerous character and very much the one in charge. Since the reveal, he's so guarded around McClean (the woman), clearly unnerved by the contact on the laptop, and rattled as fuck when speaking to Arnott. His dialogue in those scenes with Arnott are where the writing has really suffered.

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

You're right about this bit. Corbett seemed to be a much more dangerous character and very much the one in charge. Since the reveal, he's so guarded around McClean (the woman), clearly unnerved by the contact on the laptop, and rattled as fuck when speaking to Arnott. His dialogue in those scenes with Arnott are where the writing has really suffered.

The scenes with him and Arnott are seriously amateur. 

07.48 min into Episode 3 and I think I'm done. The whole thing feels forced. I've always felt that the writing for the policing was far stronger than for the criminals, and with the amount of time being given to the gang in this series all credibility has been stretched beyond breaking point. The plot's ridiculous, the characters are unbelievable and I can't decide which is more wooden, the dialogue or the acting. Very definitely a series too far for me

2 hours ago, Champ said:

07.48 min into Episode 3 and I think I'm done. The whole thing feels forced. I've always felt that the writing for the policing was far stronger than for the criminals, and with the amount of time being given to the gang in this series all credibility has been stretched beyond breaking point. The plot's ridiculous, the characters are unbelievable and I can't decide which is more wooden, the dialogue or the acting. Very definitely a series too far for me

Like the way they linked all the avengers films with the stones and thought long term with a plan in mind, line of duty played a blinder by giving all the top dogs a surname that begins with H.

It's been shit so far, absolutely no subtlety. Stephen Graham calm as bollocks when dealing with gangsters and armed robbery, but turns into panic mode infront of Arnett. "I trusssted you"

They can turn it round but all the other series each episode left me looking forward to the next.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Like the way they linked all the avengers films with the stones and thought long term with a plan in mind, line of duty played a blinder by giving all the top dogs a surname that begins with H.

It's been shit so far, absolutely no subtlety. Stephen Graham calm as bollocks when dealing with gangsters and armed robbery, but turns into panic mode infront of Arnett. "I trusssted you"

They can turn it round but all the other series each episode left me looking forward to the next.

I would have thought that's because he's putting up a front with the OCG and it's having a detrimental effect on his sanity keeping it all together and undercover. When he meets Steve all of the emotion and unravelling comes pouring out.

• Upvote 2

On 08/04/2019 at 08:31, Captain Turdseye said:

It feels a lot more forced this year. I don’t like Stephen Graham anyway but his acting is shit and the blag Scouse accent from the bird playing his missus last night distracted from everything else. It was a shocker. 

Called it. 

Who wants to touch me?

25 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Called it. 

Who wants to touch me?

I feel cheated. I'm a loyal kind of person and I so wanted to like it but it's got an emporer's new clothes feel about it. Was no-one in its production brave enough to say it wasnt good enough?

6 minutes ago, Champ said:

I feel cheated. I'm a loyal kind of person and I so wanted to like it but it's got an emporer's new clothes feel about it. Was no-one in its production brave enough to say it wasnt good enough?

I’m happy to blame Stephen Graham. I’m sure he’ll be happy to address the criticism in a S*n exclusive. 

4 hours ago, RedKnight said:

There's certainly more drama in here about the quality of the new series than in the show. New series has been good.

First two were decent but sundays was very frustrating. Its testament to how good it is that we are all picking on the one episode. 

On 17/04/2019 at 18:29, mgw100 said:

It's been awful. I can't see me getting to the end. Series 4 showed signs of a drop off. This one has fallen off a cliff. 

I said the same about series 4. Was a massive let down after the first 3.

This season has been ridiculously contrived and not in a good way, even from the first episode if truth be told.

You can't even blame Stephen Graham for this. Poorly written and as badly executed.

Didn't rate Bodyguard either. It started well, but fell apart very quickly.

Maybe Mercurio is trying too hard or just lost his magic touch.

11 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I said the same about series 4. Was a massive let down after the first 3.

This season has been ridiculously contrived and not in a good way, even from the first episode if truth be told.

You can't even blame Stephen Graham for this. Poorly written and as badly executed.

Didn't rate Bodyguard either. It started well, but fell apart very quickly.

Maybe Mercurio is trying too hard or just lost his magic touch.

pI3ki5.gif