You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Youth Team/Cup

old skool tom

Juve comfortably the better side and deserved the win. We had nothing up top. Mabaya and Woltman put in a shift but there's no guile about them and Cannonier is very much a poacher who relies on the work of others for his goals.

Missed Bajcetic and/or Stephenson in the middle of the park as the 6. Corness is a tidy player with a good left foot, but he's not to the level of the aforementioned defensive-minded midfield duo.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NoelM said:

It seems to be the same every year with this UEFA Youth League, we get to the latter stages and are missing loads of our top players - Musialowski, Harvey Blair etc today - we were toothless upfront. I liked Mabaya on the right, looks like he has pace and power.

Musialowski was up with the 23s at the weekend.

Not sure where Harvey Blair was today, he looked to have had a good game against the Mancs in the 18s fixture at the weekend going by the highlights.

1 minute ago, NoelM said:

What's the deal with Balagazi? Looks like he has loads of talent and he's massive but was left out today.

Balagizi just back from an injury - Has picked up a few niggles this season.

Missed the injured Harvey Davies today too.

• Upvote 1

The 23s are in PL2 action this evening as they travel to the Etihad to take on top of the table Manchester City.

Team news will be posted once it's available.

Not surprisingly, there is no live coverage of this fixture.

• 2 weeks later...

The 23s are in action this afternoon as they face a difficult home fixture against Chelsea at The Academy.

Kick-off at 12:00 - No live coverage of the fixture.

Team news to be posted once available.

No fixture for the 18s this week, so we may see a couple of the mainstays at the 18s level up with the 23s today.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Been waiting for this thread to bump.

@Dynamite

Speaking to someone the other day about a young centre back we have who is apparently destined for great things, only problem is he has a speech impediment and finds it difficult to communicate with the team.

Know anything about it? 

No, sorry, not aware of who it might be. I would suggest that the player in question might not yet be on my radar. Don't suppose you know which age group the lad is in?

49 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

No, sorry, not aware of who it might be. I would suggest that the player in question might not yet be on my radar. Don't suppose you know which age group the lad is in?

Mid to latre teens I suppose, apologies, it was a drunken conversation at the fag end of a night.

I'll try and find out more, but apparently this kid is one the coachs are really excited about.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Mid to latre teens I suppose, apologies, it was a drunken conversation at the fag end of a night.

I'll try and find out more, but apparently this kid is one the coachs are really excited about.

I'll keep an ear out. I can't think of any of the regulars in the 18s that it may be. There are a couple of lads who bounce between the 16s and 18s who play at the back - 1 at fullback, the other at centreback, but I don't know enough about them/not seen them play enough.