Quantcast
Youth Team/Cup - Page 199 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
old skool tom

Youth Team/Cup

The other possibility is that Clarkson is being held back to play in the Checkatrade in place of Elliott. I like Brookwell too, I'm glad that the powers-that-be have stopped their attempts to make him the skinniest central defender in England, and I've always been in favour of having at least one midfielder tall enough to challenge for opposition goal kicks.

4 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

The other possibility is that Clarkson is being held back to play in the Checkatrade in place of Elliott. I like Brookwell too, I'm glad that the powers-that-be have stopped their attempts to make him the skinniest central defender in England, and I've always been in favour of having at least one midfielder tall enough to challenge for opposition goal kicks.

Possibly. Perhaps with Clarkson training with the first team for the past couple of weeks I'm getting a little ahead of myself.

Half time - Liverpool 0 Boro' 0

Both keepers have made a couple of good saves each, though Tom Hill really should have scored when put through on goal.

Been a decent game with a few mistakes from either side allowing for some counter attacks.

Liverpool 2 Boro' 0

James Norris makes it 2-0 with a lovely left footed strike from just inside the 18 yard box after being found by Jake Cain.

Full time - Liverpool 3 Boro' 0

We moved up a gear in the second half and deservedly ran out comfortable winners.

• Upvote 1

Away from the hurly-burly of televised football, our Under-21s play at Fleetwood Town in what we have to steel ourselves to call the Leasing Dot Com Trophy this evening. Team :-

Winterbottom; Boyes, Clayton, Koumetio, Gallacher, Williams, Cain, Dixon-Bonner, Larouci, Stewart, Hill.

Subs : Atherton, Walls, Savage, Norris.

Flashscores are giving the shirt numbers of Stewart and Hill as 97 and 99 respectively. One for the “shitness of modern football “ thread.

Our Under-23s return to action this afternoon (presumably without Chirivella) against Arsenal at Borehamwood (1 p.m.). No live coverage, on account of the first team game. Lineup when available.