You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Youth Team/Cup

old skool tom

Talk about Jekyll and Hyde.

Excellent in the first half, but the first 20 minutes or so of the second half were terrible from our point of view. Constantly boxed ourselves in and turned the ball over far too easily.

In the end, our conditioning has got us through that poor spell and we've outrun Wolves in the closing stages as they tired.

Balagizi the standout today. Good to see Kaide Gordon on the scoresheet, and fair play to Max Woltman who probably should have been given the ball for the pelanty to secure the hattrick.

1 hour ago, Dynamite said:

Under 23s away at City this evening. Kick-off at 19:00, with live coverage on the offal from 18:55.

Any idea what team we will be fielding? Seems our defence has taken on some of the issues of the first team, especially in the games against the better sides.

46 minutes ago, lebron said:

Any idea what team we will be fielding? Seems our defence has taken on some of the issues of the first team, especially in the games against the better sides.

Unfortunately not. Won't be far off the normal team I should imagine - we tend to put out stronger sides against stronger opposition.

City are excellent at this level, so we're going to have to be right on our game to get anything from it.

The goalkeeping situation for the 23s is not helping things either, with Ojrzynski and Pitaluga both being injured of late.

Fabian Mrozek has been picked for the majority of games for the 18s recently, with Harvey Davies getting the nod between the sticks in the recent FA Youth Cup victory over the Mancs.

Liam Hughes has been in nets for the last few games for the 23s, and I would expect that to continue this evening.

If I had to take an educated guess at the lineup for this evening, I'd suggest the below:

Hughes; Bradley, Boyes, Koumetio, Beck; Clarkson, Morton, Cain; Longstaff, Woodburn, Hardy.

I'm not sure if Conor Bradley is fit though, as he's not played in recent games, so if he's unavailable, then I would expect Tony Gallacher to continue at right-back.

The 18s play Leeds tomorrow afternoon, so I'm not expecting (m)any of them to make the step up for this evening's fixture.

Team news usually starts filtering out around 30-45 minutes prior to kick-off.

4 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

Ojrzynski; Bradley, Boyes, Beck, Gallacher, Clayton, Morton, Clarkson, Cain, Woodburn, Hardy.

Subs : Hughes, Savage, Dixon-Bonner, Longstaff, O'Rourke.

Possibly five at the back, only with a right-footed right-back for a change. We'll get snotted.

Things picked up for us last time out when we changed to 3 (or 5) at the back. Will leave Hardy fairly isolated as I'd expect Woodburn to play off him as a 10.

Half-time - City 2 Liverpool 1

We started the game well and got ourselves in front.

Since the goal though, City have stepped up a gear and have been in near-total control of the game and scored 2 very well worked goals. They've also hit the woodwork and forced a good save from Ojrzynski.