You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Youth Team/Cup

old skool tom

My mate Gordon works for BT and is up there. He is a bluenose (Blue not Sky Blue).  He will have been fuming it went to penalties meaning he gets home later and he will be even more fuming that he has just had to watch the young Reds win hahaha 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, John102 said:

Spare a thought for the City players and the BT commentary team.

Its been a difficult night.

I almost felt a twinge of sympathy, watching those City players crying. Almost. Then I realised it was a fart slowly squeezing out.

• Upvote 2

Well done the lads to work their way back in the game. Five well taken penalties, good display of character that from those lads.

Thought Cain looked decent in midfield for us, and Sharif improved as the game went on.

But my prediction, based on this game, is that the right back Neco Williams looks most likely to make it at Premier League level. Looked fairly quick, quite cool under pressure, and with a good range of passing. Clearly better going forward than defending at this stage of his career. But defending should be easier to coach probably, and anyway the modern fullback plays a vital role in attack.

• Upvote 1

When that City lad missed his pen you could see Pep get a small notebook out and strike his name through with a pencil.

He’ll definitely be found floating face-down in the Manchester canal tomorrow, the latest victim of The Pusher....

Great result for the youngsters. In recent years, our teams have been dominated by the likes of Chelsea and City at this level so too few of our players know what it's like to win a trophy. It's important to get back a trophy-winning ethos at the club at all levels. The last time we won the Youth Cup was also against City, and Daniel Sturridge was in the City side.

The standard of penalties was ridiculous.

My boy Neco Williams got a bit fortunate with his but the other four were right in the corner, three of them right in the top bin.

Glatzel looked terrified, but then he produces a pen like that. Balls of steel.

14 minutes ago, dave u said:

The standard of penalties was ridiculous.

My boy Neco Williams got a bit fortunate with his but the other four were right in the corner, three of them right in the top bin.

Glatzel looked terrified, but then he produces a pen like that. Balls of steel.

German heritage.

Was just like Andy Moller in Euro 96.