You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Youth Team/Cup

old skool tom

Twatbaskets.

Well they got away with a couple of snide digs in ET (kick on Canos and elbow on Wilson), but overall were worthy of the draw from what I saw. Shame we let some poor defending and decision making (still think if Canos kicked the ball out properly we'd have had someone on to treat Brannagan and everyone would've had some respite) spoil the opportunity.

Most of these players will get another go at the youth cup. The craziest thing about this very talented group is that its the first year for the majority.

John Bradley jinxed it for Brannigan. Whenever the commentator talks about a player's scoring record or prowess from penalties as he's walking up to take his kick, that player WILL fail to score.

It was a very decent game though, and I like how the youth set-up has guys like Brannigan, Rossiter, Lussey and Trickett-Smith to play in midfield. It makes a change from constantly producing midfielders that are diligent and committed but lack a creative spark to be decisive in the last third or the ability to screen their defence effectively.

John Bradley jinxed it for Brannigan. Whenever the commentator talks about a player's scoring record or

prowess from penalties as he's walking up to take his kick, that player WILL fail to score.

It was a very decent game though, and I like how the youth set-up has guys like Brannigan, Rossiter, Lussey and Trickett-Smith to play in midfield. It makes a change from constantly producing midfielders that are diligent and committed but lack a creative spark to be decisive in the last third or the ability to screen their defence effectively.

It was Steve Hunter tonight (on the TV anyway). Same difference actually.

Gutted for the boys still. Hope they bounce back quickly, especially Brannagan who has been a revelation to me. This is a really good bunch of players from what I've seen of them this season. More of them as well. Rossiter still only 16 but seems to be growing from his experience with the first team. The boys who are new to me like Harry Wilson, Trickett-Smith, Canos seem to be really talented players. Hopefully next season, they'll kick on and make it to the final because it seems like for the last two years running, they have been close but then fall short. They're definitely fun to watch though and hopefully, we'll see them go further next season. We'll get Jerome Sinclair back to full fitness as well, fingers crossed.

My notes from attending the game

Football - good entertainment, cheap, easy to get to, choose your own seats.

Big gaps between the lines, lumbering centre backs, lots of passing back to keeper who was quite shite. Game ebbed and flowed a lot. No really stand out players - would have been interesting to see what I thought of certain players if I hadn't known anything about them.

Rossiter was good defensively when he wasn't overwhelmed but his passing was poor. Wilson was lively on the ball but didn't see enough of it. Ryan Kent had a couple of runs but looked off the pace. Canos came on as a sub and had a great impact with the ball and without. Randall was really solid as right back, McGuire was overrun in the first half but then looked solid. Trickett-Smith a much better option up front than Kent. Ojo looked almost like he played within himself but did pretty well.