You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Youth Team/Cup

old skool tom

We've taken the lead just moments before the break.

Really scrappy, strange goal. Peterson's effort coming off Dunn and somehow beating the West Ham keeper.

West Ham have had the better of the game, with Mersin making a very good save and West Ham hitting the post.

Finished 2-0. Not our best performance attacking wise, but plenty of work and effort to keep the clean sheet.

Lucas played the full 90, with Sakho playing 70 minutes.

Brad Smith and Cameron Brannagan were the stand out players for me tonight.

• Upvote 1

I think dunn's going to be an adam hammill level player. He'll get a chance in the premiership but will be a championship player in the main. He's got a hell of a strike but needs to go and prove himself in senior football soon if he's going to get an opportunity here. Like adorjan he suffers as there's so much competition in that area of thw team.

He could still step up but I think he's a forward in an attacking midfielder's position and his lack of defensive work might steal away his chance.

What do you make of Jack Dunn, Dynamite?

He seemed to be doing really well until he got that bad injury.  

Also what has happened to Luis Alberto? Is he injured?

Pidge sums Dunn up very well.

I would add that it would appear that the management can't quite nail down where he'd be most effective, and have been playing him on the right, or playing him through the middle as a striker. If he can nail down a position and work on his defensive side, then there is certainly enough talent there for him to have a decent career, probably not with us though, unfortunately.

I think dunn's going to be an adam hammill level player. He'll get a chance in the premiership but will be a championship player in the main. He's got a hell of a strike but needs to go and prove himself in senior football soon if he's going to get an opportunity here. Like adorjan he suffers as there's so much competition in that area of thw team.

He could still step up but I think he's a forward in an attacking midfielder's position and his lack of defensive work might steal away his chance.

When he's out on the right, he's constantly drifting inside onto his favoured left foot which tends to congest things in the middle a little, he also seems to hold onto the ball too long when he's cutting in. When he plays through the middle, he's always looking to make something happen with little flicks and first time passes, when sometimes he just needs to take a touch and hold the ball. Like most young players, his decision making needs to improve, and it will, given time.

For me, his most effective position would be the number 10 role that Cam Brannagan is thriving in right now. The problem with Dunn, as Pidge mentioned, is that he's not got the defensive side of his game at the level of those he's playing alongside, or competing with for that role. Brannagan and Trickett-Smith are ahead of him for the number 10 role at his moment in time, in my opinion.

If he carries his goal scoring knack into the seniors then Dunn will have a decent career, but I doubt it will be with us. He would need to be further along in his development by now to make it here. Good player though.