You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No excuses?

Antynwa

12 games to go. More preperation time than anyone else, more time in between games than anyone else. Some big teams still to come to Anfield.

The Arsenal loss was a ball ache, gutted not to be in a competition which was looking like it could be an easy route to Wembley, you can't have it all though and the players put in a good shift. It was very much a 'shit happens' encounter and I am happy with the players showing.

But I couldn't help but feel this result really gives us a hell of a chance to push on in the league., it's a 20 minute head start on an exam paper, Brendan has enough time with his players to impose his tactics on them in preperation for the next game. With fitness surely now not going to be a problem, and with the quality we have infront of goal.

I'm very much of the opinion that the oppertunity the reds have infront of them is something not many teams will have the chance of getting. Primed for a title challenge with no other distractions.

Do we hold our team to a standard that the likes of Arsenal, City and United have been in the past? Or do we take a different approach and simply play the 'Just happy to be here card'?

Is it wrong to expect perfection?

• Upvote 2

We need to remember at the start of the season we would have been happy for a challenge for fourth, we need to just take one game at a time and not put big expectations on the team.

A lot is being made about our lack of European games to try and get in our heads and put pressure on us making it out we should be winning because we have less games.

Every game is hard but if we go in with the same attitude I think we can achieve good things, lets not put more pressure on the team.

The other teams have squads big enough to rotate for them games or should have so we do not have as big advantage as they are trying to make out.

Agree , at least we're beating teams that we are supposed to on the whole and with two massive home games to come to hopefully bag six points , which we can could take us to the top, we won't have a better shot at the title and to carry on improving. I worry about our defensive frailties will possibly let us down in the end. But like was said earlier would of took 4th at the start of season . Twatish getting knocked out , its what happens but could lead to a bigger prize at the end of the day you never know.

Top 4 and id be ridiculously happy with our season. But yeah, considering we only have the league to go for now we obviousy should aim higher.

But we're still a bit of an enigma, we can go out and play our supposed rivals off the park, and in the next game we loose to Hull or some shit. Just hope the players take advantage of this chance they have now, If we go in to every game with the attitudes shown against Everton and Arsenal, then we'll beat whoever is on the other side in this league.

If you think extra cup games are a distraction, shouldn't you advocate pulling out of the league cup and FA cup altogether? And why bother qualifying for the Champions League, if it's just going to distract us from the league?

Is anyone saying that we should do this?

The point is no cup games left means we can concentrate on doing as well as possible in the league which hopefully means CL football next season, which opens up a whole new world for us.

I always feel like we are setting ourselves up for a big fall though, thinking of the league and end up failing to get fourth and the bitters & mancs having a joint open top bus parade to celebrate us not getting in there, take nothing for granted with Liverpool, we are always better as the underdogs and i hope we stay the underdogs and maybe 'run through the horses legs' without anyone really noticing. If at the weekend we win and the top 3 slip up, that is more pressure on us to keep it up, i'd rather we gradually sneaked up and then won it on the last day.

• Upvote 1