You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A place in TLW forum folklore awaits, if you dare take it!

Stu Monty

There are many things that can lead to your name going down in the annals of TLW time; maybe you were one of a select band of founding fathers, maybe you started an incredible thread, maybe you unwittingly open up your life to the ridicule of the masses...or....or....maybe you decide to get involved with a famous and hallowed TLW tradition!

The TLW Xpert 11 League has been going now for, on and off, the best part of a decade and is a browser game in which you can test your football management wits against some of the most formidable and sexy TLW forumites know to man. You can go head to head with Elmyn Noos, test yourself against the trophy-laden Owen, compete against the mighty Monty or send a letter to the authorities questioning if Kurt eating babies is performance enhancing cheating. So many glamourous and feared foes. RiS also plays.

The league will be starting up for another season in the next few days and I thought this was a good time to open the competition up for a bit of new blood and a league expansion. Anyone who likes the sound of a footy management game which you can play in a browser with as much or as little commitment as you want (15mins a couple of times a week could see you fine) then follow the link below and jump right in. You get a fictional team, name it what you want, pick your kit, your stadium name, your player names if you want; then you try and humiliate Skidders and Neko in their comeback seasons.

It is time to sort the half-decent chaff from the quite-a-bit-worse chaff. It is time for giants to make a name for themselves and the weak to run and hide.

Look, a nettle! Dare you grasp it?

http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=54622

(The sooner you get involved the less likely you are too miss the last helicopter out of Saigon)

(It'll be a cold day in hell before those bastards get me to call it Ho Chi Minh City!)

Very good response so far gents. Lots of people clearly taking the opportunity to elevate their TLW status above "that dross" and get themselves a ticket to the members' lounge of forumwide respect.

We're at 22 with the new applicants, which is brilliant but is one above a nice 3x7 system and two short of a brilliant 3x8 league system.

Who are going to be the two absolute heroes to step in and confirm the expansion of the league into an all new, expanded and massively more virile 8 team league system? They will be held aloft on shoulders, they will be showered with rose petals from the windows above, they will have first daughters (or sons...Rog?) thrown at them.

Step up. Get invovled.

I like it, the global appeal is pulling in the North Americans now too. We've got the US, Canada and Japan all represented now.

Still waiting for another two applicants to allow Paul McKay to join as part of a three to keep the leagues equal in size.

With so many of the forum gliteratti clammering to take part anyone who isn't really has to ask themselves why they are missing out in this once in a lifetime* opportunity.

*There will almost certainly be regular opportunities in the future.

With last night and today's additions we now have 23 out of our desired 24 teams signed up for the new season.

One final place remains and, temptingly, it is because Owen, the most decorated manager in TLW history, is stepping aside and leaving his club.

If you're not sure if you fancy it or not then feel free to sign up and see how you find it; if it's not for you and you want to stop half way into the season then so be it, we'll find a replacement for you and nobody will think the worse of it.*

*I may well remember it and use it to fuel a long and lasting vendetta against you.

• 3 months later...

Hazar! Opportunity for writing your own legend arises once more!

With the current season now starting to draw to a close I'll be looking to replace a few of the managers that didn't quite hack the utterly sexy pace that was set this season throughout the league and lost interest. Hats off to the newcomers from the last influx that have properly gotten into it and done themselves proud. Neko, Paulie Dangerously, Kopout, Finchy and Banger have all done the business this season. The less said about the efforts of RiS and Noos the better and the jury is very much out on whether The Bitch walks the walk he tries to talk.

We're probably going to have about four available teams for the start of the new season so if you fancy getting involved and getting the hang of it in the last 1 or 2 games and give yourself a pre-season then now is the time to act. 

The first manager to jump in will be rewarded with a beauty of a team that has been left available for a while but has a good squad and a fortune in the bank for them to play with. Left in good nick by yours truly when I moved on to take over a more promising side.

If you fancy having a bash at it then the league invite code is here: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=54622

DWWDWLW

Not bad for my first season, the only loss was to Monty, who by his own admission has took over a far superior team.

I was experimenting in that game anyway.

I have enjoyed it though, some good banter(am I allowed to use that word) on the press releases.

Get involved people.

Dog, after the work I've put into that team you're taking over I never want to see another neg from you (regardless of how often I might suggest you steal dinner money from kids).

Good to have you on-board gents.

Can Chris D (Diddyman) who has applied for a new team, apply again but just take over one of the existing teams as it makes life a lot less complicated. Ta.

Once you take them over you can change the team name, player names, kits etc so it's no different other than you'll probably have a slightly better side than a newly created team.