Quantcast
Man of the match - Game 29 - Arsenal - Home - PL - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Morse

Man of the match - Game 29 - Arsenal - Home - PL

Skrtel

Flanagan

And then one of many tbh

Kolo for coming back strong after his nightmare

SG if for not just his game, but for putting Wilshere on his arse as payback

Coutinho

Henderson

Skrtel

But everyone was ace. Even Cissokho looked competent. 

If I had been an Arsenal fan I'd have wanted Wilshere's attitude to be just what it was. Pissed off. Expected him to be subbed though. Rosicky still there?? Must have an oil painting in his loft.

• Upvote 1

Sterling

Skrtel

Coutinho

I'd go with that as well.

Mind, it's hard to leave anyone off the list after today.  Flanagan, Henderson, Suarez, Sturridge ... any other day and those performances would have been MoM-worthy.

Skrtel

Sterling

Coutinho

It wasn't as clear cut as this, because the team as a whole performed well. Coutinho's passing today... and at one point in the second half when he leaves Arteta on his backside with a piece of skill that made me go 'oooh'. That alone would have got him a place above Sterling. Fabulous.

It is one of those games that the whole team deserve to be in the running so have to look for reasons not to pick someone. Gerrard giving away a penalty, Luis not scoring, Sterling should have passed, Toure missing an open goal, Ming not saving the penalty, Sturridge only scoring once, Hendo's funny gait, Skrtel pulling the shirt over his face after scoring so that leaves

Flanagan

Coutinho

Cissokho

for me

honourable mentions for Allen and Ibe

It is one of those games that the whole team deserve to be in the running so have to look for reasons not to pick someone. Gerrard giving away a penalty, Luis not scoring, Sterling should have passed, Toure missing an open goal, Ming not saving the penalty, Sturridge only scoring once, Hendo's funny gait, Skrtel pulling the shirt over his face after scoring so that leaves

Flanagan

Coutinho

Cissokho

for me

honourable mentions for Allen and Ibe

Flanagan should have squared.

Coutinho should have scored.

Cissokho should have squared.

Some of Coutinho's passing gives me wood.  That pass for Sturridge's goal was sublimely ridiculous.  Sturridge absolutely loves playing with Coutinho, he knows he's going to benefit from the lad's surgical precision at some point during the game.  I think people also underestimate the strength and tenacity that the smaller players like Sterling & Coutinho have.  Ask any Arsenal player.  Aspas take note...........

• Upvote 1

very tough

Sterling

Skrtel

Coutinho

Gerrard was great in midfield too, really impressed by him and some humble pie for me as I never thought he would be able to play that position properly.

Guest LFD

1) Skrtel - Two goals, did nothing wrong defensively.  Can't do more than that as a defender.

2) Sterling - Two goals, could have had more.  Class act.

3) Coutinho - Great energy, as well as his class on the ball.

Harsh on Flanagan who also played very well, as did most of the team but those three were outstanding.