You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We're not winning the title this year

WhiskeyJar

My problem is that we have that incompetent idiot Ayre still employed at the club doing the negotiating, riding his Harley, quite literally, through the corridors of Anfield.

My other problem is that we have tight cunts owning the club who haven't got a pot to piss in, but who will make you believe they are the fucking Rockefellers of the footballing world.

There is more joy in heaven over one sinner that repents...

My problem isn't missing out on targets. Shit happens, not exactly science, etc.

My problem is nogatiating for a player for weeks and weeks rather than moving on to the next target if it looks like we can't do business in a timly fashion. The transfer window is a month long and we ARE allowed to conclude business early. 

My problem is attempting to finalise a signing on transfer deadline day (what happened to the other 30 days). If the deal falls through there is literally no time left for other options.

My problem is them going for the more expensive (better?) option after the first option falls through. You go for the better option first, that's why they are the better option.

All water under the bridge now and we have to just get on with it.

My problem with the whole thing is that we tried to get another attacker in when we have the best attack in the league bar the billionaires city and our defence is brutal, full of injury prone players and the one DM we play has a fairly long term injury .

But what's done is done and no point dwelling on it!

Can we win the league? If we win tomorrow yes. 

What killed us this season was City/Chelsea double header with virtually every other team playing easy fixtures. We would have been better choosing which fixture we can realistically win and then resting players for the other fixture because not only did we pick up zero points we lost key players to muscle damage.

Yes, for all the talk of a "favourable" draw in the first half of the season, that was a killer two game schedule and at a crucial, crucial time at the end of the year. The momentum lost, physically and psychologically, was telling.

I actually think the second half of our season is a much more favourable draw. And the fact we could be within 5/6 points by the end of this weekend, by winning, would mean we shouldn't give up on anything. Even the title.

We will win it this year. Well I hope we do. I love this club with all my heart and long to see the open top bus chugging along county road like the old days. An also cos I had a few afternoon pints yesterday and seen Liverpool 25/1 to win the league. In my fuzzy 3 pint afternoon haze, I only went and put a Tenner on it didn't i.

You know what im actually skeptical, 6 points isnt a lot Arsenal have United next week, City are tacticaly crap and im sure they will slip up again, As for Chelsea theyve some good sides still to play and our hardest sides to play all seem to be a home, After that i think it will give us confidence and well go on a big unchanged run now. Weve players to return which means our side is gonna become even stronger my head says we wont win it but my heart is telling me this could be the year.

Even if we were able to keep yesterday's form goiny until the end of the season our absolutely shite subs bench is going to cost us.

The only decent player on the bench for me is a defender,Kelly.

I appreciate Alberto is young but the rest of them are pretty sub standard for a top four club.

As soon as we start making subs the tempo of our game plummets.

We can still win it.

City and Chelsea have to come to Anfield, they will drop points when the Champs League starts again.  

We're not favourites, but we're in the mix and have a chance.

I think we can, and I think we will come close. I can't see us imploding, but by the same token I can see us missing out because of silly points dropped v the likes of West Brom.

Though that being said, it could be argued City could end up thinking the same as well.We need to take it each game as it comes though, it's very very close and we could just as easily finish outside the top four which scares me just as much as the prospect of winning the league excites me.

We need 3 things to go right

• No injuries
  • No Kolo Toure backpasses
  • Rodgers to keep winning the tactical battles
  • Upvote 2

We should focus on looking behind us rather than what's ahead of us, and see where that gets us. Hopefully to a stage of having nobody ahead of us.

It's defo in our own hands though and it's a wonderful feeling being able to say that in the middle of Feb, especially after the madness of the last 5 years.

• Upvote 1

Talk of the title is a bit fanciful. Spurs and the BS are breathing down our necks, I'd rather we try and secure a top 4 finish. 

I agree with this about it more important we keep focus on fourth place. Yes it is possible for us to win it still,but to get fourth should mean Suarez staying here and the chance to sign decent players as well.

So long as we concentrate on fourth place, then anything above that is a bonus.

Rodgers attitude is the right one, Try to finish as high as we can. All the cliched shit about each game a sit comes applies. If we were  2nd with a 6 point gap with a home game against the leaders to come then its realistic. To expect to overhaul 3 teams is a bit fanciful . I reckon 82-84 points will win it this year and I can't honestly see us getting to that number.

I said from the beginning finishing above Arsenal is realistic and I still believe that

City and the Chavs will be fight it out for the title

You know what im actually skeptical, 6 points isnt a lot Arsenal have United next week, City are tacticaly crap and im sure they will slip up again, As for Chelsea theyve some good sides still to play and our hardest sides to play all seem to be a home, After that i think it will give us confidence and well go on a big unchanged run now. Weve players to return which means our side is gonna become even stronger my head says we wont win it but my heart is telling me this could be the year.

I'm 100% Skeptical that you've used the wrong word Si.

• Upvote 1

9 more wins and we'd be on 77 points which should defo get us CL. Keep everyone fit and hope Sahko, Enrique, Lucas and Allen returning to fitness can give us a much needed boost and I think it's achievable. 

I actually think we'll finish third as I can see Arsenal going on a bad one when Bayern bum them and we (hopefully) knock them out the cup. 

We will fucking stink 

• Upvote 2

9 more wins and we'd be on 77 points which should defo get us CL. Keep everyone fit and hope Sahko, Enrique, Lucas and Allen returning to fitness can give us a much needed boost and I think it's achievable. 

I actually think we'll finish third as I can see Arsenal going on a bad one when Bayern bum them and we (hopefully) knock them out the cup. 

Arsenal will bounce back and shit on united in two days time. They have lost before only to win there next match.But City dont seem to be able to do that and depending  how long till there Argentinian goal machine comes back,they look the ones to drop more points.

Since January 20, a whole 3 weeks ago, when Everton drew with West Brom, every team in the top half has dropped points to a team in the bottom half. Also in that time, every team in the top half has dropped points at least twice with the exception of Chelsea (0-0 with West Ham the only points dropped)

All that happened before European competition resumes next week, which will affect City, Chelsea, the Mancs, Arse, Spurs. Everton are struggling a bit with some tougher fixtures of late. Fucking hell, City failed to even score against the might of Norwich and amazingly have their squad depth being tested despite spending a trillion dollars.

How people can see results like that and say the title race is a foregone conclusion is beyond me. Jim Beglin summed it up best during his commentary of the Arsenal game- It's one of those seasons where if you can just hang in there, all of a sudden you could find yourself in the mix with a handful of games to go, when every team feels the pressure and crazy results are regular. 

• Upvote 2