You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Workplace pranks

Sugar Ape

Not a prank but I was at a recruitment day with other managers. One had been to a disciplinary for another manager as a note taker for the area manager. The fella was on a disciplinary for walking past a girl and flopping his knob  on her shoulder. 

He didn't show up. It went quiet and I piped up with " political correctness has gone mad"

• Upvote 3

Fella I sort of know but not directly played a blinder of one yesterday.

He’s getting staff of minimum wage to go back into work in manual jobs during a deadly pandemic and telling them not to get the bus but to walk there instead.

fucking hilarious fella he is, always got something like this up his sleeve. Great lad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Working on this Shopping complex we had to build mobile Scaffolding towers for the lads striking the formwork, so while tossing it off out the way, as in being idle, some young lad walked up to me and said Sir could you build me a mobile verandah. 

I could see the lads who sent him over in stitches, the tight cunts. 

Rip a small piece of the sticky bit of a post-it and put it over the infrared mouse bit. Feel free to write "twat" on it for example. 

We used to reverse the mouse direction and put the speed to the slowest as well. Great when an irate customer rang. 

For people who have to look at the keyboard prise out and swap the c and v keys and watch their copy and paste confusion. 

Screenshot the desktop. Set as background and delete actual desktop icons. 

Also did the Mr Lyon thing but made it Dr C. Lyon but didn't know the team leader was waiting on rest results. She shit a brick when she Rang knowsley safari park 

• Upvote 1

Not mine but I read a story about an apprentice on a building site and how the other lads tried to have him over. 
Every day at brew time (it was his job to brew up), he’d eat sausages he’d brought in wrapped in tin foil while the other lads had their brews. 
They decided one day to wind him up by replacing the sausages with dog shit and wrapping it up in the foil.

Brew time comes and they’re all excited to watch what happens but while they’re sat there having their drinks he hasn’t said anything. After a while one of them says ‘are you not having sausages today?’ He goes ‘No, I brought them in like normal this morning and chucked them in the tea urn for a few minutes to warm up but when I opened the foil they’d disintegrated’ Cue the other lads realising with horror what was in their brews.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Not mine but I read a story about an apprentice on a building site and how the other lads tried to have him over. 
Every day at brew time (it was his job to brew up), he’d eat sausages he’d brought in wrapped in tin foil while the other lads had their brews. 
They decided one day to wind him up by replacing the sausages with dog shit and wrapping it up in the foil.

Brew time comes and they’re all excited to watch what happens but while they’re sat there having their drinks he hasn’t said anything. After a while one of them says ‘are you not having sausages today?’ He goes ‘No, I brought them in like normal this morning and chucked them in the tea urn for a few minutes to warm up but when I opened the foil they’d disintegrated’ Cue the other lads realising with horror what was in their brews.

Doubt that happened but sounds like a great reverse prank.

• 2 months later...

I've been working in a POD of year 6 kids since the schools partially re-opened, job sharing with another teacher.  The kids were giving it the big-uns about not having to do their SATs so we came up with a plan for their last day. 

We mocked up the below webpage and met them at the gate with serious faces.  They came into class to see a Maths SAT paper with 2020 on it and the webpage on the screen.  We explained that they'd have to do all of their SATs in the same day and maybe we'd have time for some fun stuff in the afternoon.  They all fell for it hook, line, sinker, foldy chair and copy of angler's times. The head popped in and played along as well.  We set them off on the maths paper, filmed them (we claimed we had to as there were no independent invigilators) and watched it unfurl. 

The paper was legit, it was the 2019 one, but we had put some of our own questions in.  Notably number 7 which asked:

There are 10 children in the POD.  All of them believe that this test is real.  What percentage of them are gullible? 

Then the next page just said HA! HA! HA!

When the penny dropped they were all buzzing off it, the smiles on their faces was brilliant.  We got them to sign each others SAT papers and we did as well.  They wont forget their last day in school. 

BBC news.jpg

• Upvote 8

I’m self employed so often work alone at home. 

I’ve just hidden my pen. Can’t wait to see my face when I realise I’ve been pranked. 

Ordinarily I’d frown on this kind of thing for fear it will impact productivity. In reality productivity is zero anyway as I spend all day on the Forum. 

Probably should do some work now though. Now where did I put my pen...

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Elite said:

Nothing major but used to fill cups with water and put them on the top shelf in the cupboard, so when someone wanted a brew and chose a (nice) cup from the top shelf, they got soaked.

Put a bit of vinegar in the water next time.