You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guitar enthusiasts.

withnail71

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What's people thoughts on these online courses like Fenders? 

Anyone tried them, bought a guitar for home and one to leave at work to practice on nights. 

On train back from Birmingham now. Bought a Vintage V100 Afd, can't find them under £250 but found a guy who sold it for £130 wife's badgering him to sell as he's old and doesn't play no more. The bonus it's been fitted with Seymour Duncan SH-55B Seth Lover pickups. The others a Squier Strat 60s Classic Vibe. 

Plan to get a small Yamaha THR5 next month as it can stay in work with guitar. Advantage of working alone

• Upvote 1

I use Justin Guitar. Has a number of courses on his website (for which you can make a donation) and loads of free lessons on You Tube. I find his teaching style really good and learning stuff from online courses / lessons suits me as it’s easy and you can fit them in whenever is convenient. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 21/08/2019 at 13:51, Lee909 said:

What's people thoughts on these online courses like Fenders? 

Anyone tried them, bought a guitar for home and one to leave at work to practice on nights. 

Think it's a great idea. There's so many courses available on youtube if you want to learn for free anyway but a professional service is always welcome for beginners.

• 3 weeks later...

Was at a guitar auction in Northampton Rugby ground this time last year (next auction in a couple of weeks).  My lad spotted some unusual basses, the guy was making them out of driftwood and other bits of shit he found.  This particular one, his dog had found and dragged this bit of wood around when they were out walking.  So the mad cunt took it home and crafted a bass out of it.  And the damned thing is my lad says it's still one of the best basses he's ever played, he instantly fell in love with it and didn't want to be parted from it.  When I asked about a price, the guy told me "make me an offer around 2 grand".  The guy was sound though and happily let my son stand there for a good half hour beating on it.  I'm wondering if he'll be there again at the end of September.

James Bass.jpg

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

What the hell is going on with that fretboard?  Play an A and your finger is pressing on air.

edit: save your money to buy your son some outdoor trousers.

Next size up when he goes t shirt shopping as well. And a haircut wouldn't go amiss either.

That picture is like an advert for bad parenting. Sort it out Scudge lad.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Pidge said:

What the hell is going on with that fretboard?  Play an A and your finger is pressing on air.

edit: save your money to buy your son some outdoor trousers.

He's got plenty of stuff to wear, it's his choice.  He doesn't need Daddy to pick his clothes or dress him !

8 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Next size up when he goes t shirt shopping as well. And a haircut wouldn't go amiss either.

That picture is like an advert for bad parenting. Sort it out Scudge lad.

He chucked on a pile of weight between getting that t-shirt and that pic being taken, a fucking massive growth spurt.  He won't be parted from it as it's one of his absolute favourites.  And as for his hair, he's a 15 year old lad wanting to be in a rock band, although he had it all lopped off at the start of summer and it looks miles better now.

He's got the potential to be a cracking bass player though, and he's teaching himself how to play guitar too, as well as taking drumming lessons.

Music utterly rules his life.  That and being a Liverpool fan !

• Upvote 4