You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robbie Fowler

Bjornebye

37 minutes ago, belarus said:

It pained me to do it, but I’ve had to beg that.

No Gerrard and that fucking rat at 2? Gerrard 

made Torres what he was while he was here.

Loved Torres when he was here and I was so gutted when he left. Best game I was ever at was the 4-0 vs Madrid and him and Gerrard ran all over Real for 90mins.

But he didnt try a jot in the last couple of months before he left and he ended up not winning anything with us. fuck him. 

• Upvote 1

In all seriousness, how can anyone actually pick a top 5 from what we have had? Even by decade its a tough one. 

Keepers overall has to be Clemence.

Defenders? so many to choose from.

Mids, again, so many to choose from, and as for strikers, fook me, we have had the best of the best for multiple decades.

At least give us a best from a half century.

• Upvote 2

Souness - My first footy hero as a kid.  I loved him and still think he's our best even out and out midfielder. Soured his legacy with the incredibly stupid Sun article. He's also genuinely apologised for it and has said many times it;s his biggest every mistake. I believe him.  

Aldridge - A short career with us, but I loved my International football almost as much as Liverpool in the 1980s, so Aldo was a legend to me.

Dalglish - Nothing needs to be said. The man.  Got to love him as a player, and then as our manager winning leagues.

Barnes - The most skilful player I've ever seen playing for the reds.  In his pomp unstoppable.

Rush - Just never looked like he'd miss in he 1980s.

Obviously there's a load more players I could have included but I'm a fan from the 1980s so these players form my opinion. By the early 1990s I'd realised that for the vast majority of players, moving from club to club is what they do and while they might love it at Liverpool, they'll happily, and understandably, move on if the opportunity feels right.  So I've never had the kind of attachment with a Liverpool player like I did with the 1908s lot. Not even a Gerrard or Fowler.  I still love many of them, just not like how I loved the ones above.

50 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Souness - My first footy hero as a kid.  I loved him and still think he's our best even out and out midfielder. Soured his legacy with the incredibly stupid Sun article. He's also genuinely apologised for it and has said many times it;s his biggest every mistake. I believe him.  

Aldridge - A short career with us, but I loved my International football almost as much as Liverpool in the 1980s, so Aldo was a legend to me.

Dalglish - Nothing needs to be said. The man.  Got to love him as a player, and then as our manager winning leagues.

Barnes - The most skilful player I've ever seen playing for the reds.  In his pomp unstoppable.

Rush - Just never looked like he'd miss in he 1980s.

Obviously there's a load more players I could have included but I'm a fan from the 1980s so these players form my opinion. By the early 1990s I'd realised that for the vast majority of players, moving from club to club is what they do and while they might love it at Liverpool, they'll happily, and understandably, move on if the opportunity feels right.  So I've never had the kind of attachment with a Liverpool player like I did with the 1908s lot. Not even a Gerrard or Fowler.  I still love many of them, just not like how I loved the ones above.

580D4AA1-B80A-4DEF-B9E7-5D8675656DFA.jpeg

• Upvote 4

• 10 months later...
49 minutes ago, kemskem said:

I always love the way Fowler comes across as big an LFC fan as anyone. I’m listening to all these. Gerrard is great value on this latest one. 

I was watching this last night and thought Fowler sounded deaf. 

To add to the top 5's 

1. Hyypia

2. Gerrard

3. Suarez

4. McManaman

5. Camara

On 19/02/2021 at 08:39, No2 said:

Of all the players we have had you pick Didi Hamann? I'd be surprised if he makes the top 50 of anyone on here.

I started supporting when we were a bit crap. Didi for a few years was world class, one of the best midfielders in the league. Gerrard played his best football as a CM alongside the German.