You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yevhen Konoplyanka

WhiskeyJar

Thats not necessarily the case. I imagine we would already been sorted out the wages unofficially via his agent.  

I'm sure there was a bit of that going on but there is no way we could have organised a medical for him without the consent of his club. This would not have been given if we hadn't agreed a fee with them. I also doubt that the player would have agreed to a medical if the negotiation with his agent had encountered some difficulties.

I am struggling to see what else it could be other than the payment terms. If this proves to be the case then someone needs a boot up their arse. Fair enough, I don't want to see the club ripped off and paying over the odds for players but if you are negotiating with a reluctant seller you don't need to give them excuses to fuck you off. Unless it was done deliberately.   

We are going to develop a reputation as the last club anyone would want to sell to.

We've had plenty of embarrassment from American owners since 2007. This is just the latest episode.

Not one of them has the slightest clue how to run a successful football club.

Ayre appears to be clueless when it comes to closing transfer deals but surely he's under constraints from Boston? It's FSG who are to blame for this fiasco as well as all of the other fuckers who publicly rejected us.

They talk a good game but they have no intention whatsoever of competing with the Man City's and Chelsea's of this world. They're happy with 4th place every season.

They drone on and fucking on about Financial Fair Play choosing to ignore that UEFA have no intention of sanctioning the likes of City, Chelsea, PSG. The people behind these clubs will dress the figures up however UEFA likes it.

Meanwhike, we're taking castoffs like Moses on loan. We're Liverpool FC for Christ sake, one of the biggest clubs worldwide and we act like paupers.

All these sponsorship deals, all these television contracts, so fucking what? We want to see top players wearing our shirt, not Aly fucking Cissokho.

Fuck off FSG.

Interestingly Dnipro's president, Ihor Kolomoyskyi owns shares in Abramovich's steel company.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/ihor-kolomoyskyy/#

With partner and fellow billionaire Henadiy Boholyubov, Ihor Kolomoyskyy controls Privat group, a banking and industrial conglomerate which has faltered this year. Two of the group's ferroalloy plants stopped production because of high energy costs and airlines it owns have declared bankruptcy; plans to IPO oil producer Ukrnafta have stalled. Outside of Private, Kolomoyskyy has a minority stake in Roman Abramovich's steel-maker, Evraz; the company's stock price is down 30% over the past year. With his partner Boholyubov, he opened the world's biggest multifunctional Jewish center, the Menorah Centre in Dnepropetrovsk last fall. Among the guests were Israeli Chief Rabi Shlomo Amar and US ambassador John Tefft.

Disappointed that we couldn't do this deal but from the summer have 15m worth of talent wasting away on the bench and another 7m out on loan .

Alberto - Doesn't get a game.

Aspas - Doesn't get a game.

Ilori - Sent out on loan.

Hopefully come the summer we'll be more prudent with regards to who we spend our very limited budget on,

• Upvote 1

Their seems to be a bit of conjecture as to why the deal fell through. If it wasn't in our control so be it. A couple of things leave me annoyed. Firstly look at Other big clubs. They mostly sign players with no problem. Chelsea signed Kurt Zouma (sp?) yesterday with no fucking dramas. Same with Salah. We're going to continue to struggle unless we overcome this inability to see deals through. I understand FSG not wanting to overpay for talent after being rimmed a few summers back, but guess what? Get over it. My other gripe from yesterday is how did it take us so long to realise we wouldn't be able to get the deal done? Surely it was obvious from initial negotiations what Dnipro wanted from the deal?

• Upvote 1

Their seems to be a bit of conjecture as to why the deal fell through. If it wasn't in our control so be it. A couple of things leave me annoyed. Firstly look at Other big clubs. They mostly sign players with no problem. Chelsea signed Kurt Zouma (sp?) yesterday with no fucking dramas. Same with Salah. We're going to continue to struggle unless we overcome this inability to see deals through. I understand FSG not wanting to overpay for talent after being rimmed a few summers back, but guess what? Get over it. My other gripe from yesterday is how did it take us so long to realise we wouldn't be able to get the deal done? Surely it was obvious from initial negotiations what Dnipro wanted from the deal?

We surely had encouragement on some level for Ayre to go to the Ukraine in the first place. Or all it would have taken is a phone call. But this has happened too many times now. Missing on so many targets in successive transfer windows shows something is awry somewhere. Not strengthening in this particular window is criminal for me as we have potentially set ourselves back years. We may still qualify for the top four but why take the risk when any outlay now will be more the compensated for by CL qualification.

Really, really frustrating.

From reports it looks like the owner was playing the maggot. If that is the case then we were played. But still no excuse not to bring in a player to have him settle in over the second half of the season. Instead of bringing in even more new players again in the summer. Few things could happen here because of our messing

We lose the best player to ever play for us

We miss out on top for 4

And we basically put ourselves back a few years again

We were obviously 100% certain that this deal was eventually to go through or Ian Ayre wouldn't have been over there, the medical team wouldn't have been there and we wouldn't have wasted so much time being in Ukraine. Surely if after a day or even 2 the deal doesn't look like it's on even an incompetent fool like Ayre should have realised this and came home, if I went to buy a car for £5000, verbally agreed the price and got there and the owner was insistent that he now wants £6000 after an hour of haggling, realising he wasn't going to budge I'd jump on the next train and go home.

So there was obviously some sort of inkling that the deal was to go through eventually, what ever the reasoning it failed to materialise and we're left with a small squad. I've been a supported of FSG in the whole but this is beginning to be a running joke, if it's haggling over the odd million or not over paying by £2m or wanting to pay mostly in instalments, somebody should inform them that this is not baseball, if you want the best football players sometimes you over pay, they turn out brilliant signings and you have a world class talent that everybody forgets that you over paid. On the other hand you have players like Konoplyanka, he's probably not too level yet but in order for us to sign players like him, we will invariably have to pay over what we think he's worth to get him early before either he becomes top level and Barca, Real etc look at him or to stop teams like Chelsea, Man City or PSG gazumping us and stock piling all the 2nd tier plays in the hope they turn and world class. Paying a little more than you wanted to is sometimes necessary, as I don't think well ever sign Konoplyanka now, we should have just paid a little more than we wanted and him come in and improve us, everyone forgets the price tag when they are a success, the ends justify the means.

Just need the match to take place again now. If we lose tomorrow, then it's going to be another shit week. 

It's really disappointing what a fucking amateurish club we are. Not just now, but Moores and Parry were the ultimate do-nothings. Then they sold the family silver to G&H (fucking google them first at least), who did their best to fucking kill us, so we then had Purslow come in, who said about fsg "the best thing about them, is that they exist", and changed one of the conditions of sale being a new stadium, to a commitment  to 60k.

Then FSG came in - and purslow was right - they do actually exist, but only to collect sponsorships in the same way we used to collect trophies.

God modern football is shit.

It's a pity Ayre didn't go over there to buy a player, but ended up selling him the club. He seems as though he's got some bollocks, at least. Oh, and some actual real money.

• Upvote 1

We are going to develop a reputation as the last club anyone would want to sell to.

I said that myself last night. There's a a common theme that has emerged from going after all these top targets and especially the ones at the Eastern bloc clubs.

Anyone thinking or hoping that M'Vila is a genuine target better get prepared for more frustration.