You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yevhen Konoplyanka

WhiskeyJar

What a fucking shambles.

The spin machine will grind through the gears now apportioning blame on everyone else but the club. You can accept these things in isolation but in the past 6 months alone this is the 5th of our well publicised priority targets which we've been unable to do a deal for. The trend is clear for all to see..

This idea that we had a deal with the player but the owner wouldn't sign the papers, and we did everything we could. What a load of bollocks. Why would he sign the papers when we clearly haven't offered a wealthy club am attractive enough deal to sell their prized asset mid season. If the owners was impossible to deal with then why wait until the last hours of a 31 day period to realise that?

Once again we've exhibited another public broadcast of our incompetence as a club for the watching world to see. We are making ourselves look amateurish. Big clubs get their deals done. Yes not everything is going to work out, but our track record is appalling. We are a joke and must be seen as such around Europe.

Wer are never going to be in a better position to kick on back in to the top 4 as we are now. We could have given ourselves that injection we needed this window, gambled and reinforced the team , backed the manager and made a statement to our rivals. Instead we leave January with no additions, barely able to name a starting 11and bench of fit senior players, and with our off field credibility pretty much in tatters.

This window was about ambition , about recognising the wonderful opportunity we find ourselves with, and providing the resources which will allow us to consolidate that. We may well go on to have a storming second half of the season, but if we don't we will look back at this as tthe biggest opportunity we could possibly miss to reinstate ourself amongst the elite. The Mancs will get their act together,Arsenal will always be there, City and Chelsea will only improve.. It may be a while before we have another chance like this.

They've let Rodgers down here big time. Whoever is responsible, Ayre, FSG, they've failed to back their man. They know he will put on a face, toe the party line, praise them for their efforts. In reality they've shafted him, failed yet again to deliver one of his priority targets. Like I said there is a clear trend emerging now. It's happening too regularly . Salah and Konoplyanka in the space of a couple of weeks, deals supposedly tied up and mere formalities. Both have been blown sly high and I'm sorry but the excuses that we'll be fed just won't wash with me. What a fucking embarrassment

• Upvote 9

Dnipro must have accepted our offer otherwise we would not have been allowed to discuss terms with the player. The player must have accepted the terms before he would undergo the medical. So it can only be the payment terms when the paperwork was delivered to Dnipro. Can't see that it can be anything else. Maybe this gave the owner the chance to kick it into touch because he never wanted to sell the player in the first place.

As others have stated maybe Ayre only has so much leeway in transfer dealings. If he steps outside his brief he is a dead man walking. As for Rodgers doing a Rafa..... consider how well that worked out.

What a fucking shambles.

The spin machine will grind through the gears now apportioning blame on everyone else but the club. You can accept these things in isolation but in the past 6 months alone this is the 5th of our well publicised priority targets which we've been unable to do a deal for. The trend is clear for all to see..

This idea that we had a deal with the player but the owner wouldn't sign the papers, and we did everything we could. What a load of bollocks. Why would he sign the papers when we clearly haven't offered a wealthy club am attractive enough deal to sell their prized asset mid season. If the owners was impossible to deal with then why wait until the last hours of a 31 day period to realise that?

Once again we've exhibited another public broadcast of our incompetence as a club for the watching world to see. We are making ourselves look amateurish. Big clubs get their deals done. Yes not everything is going to work out, but our track record is appalling. We are a joke and must be seen as such around Europe.

Wer are never going to be in a better position to kick on back in to the top 4 as we are now. We could have given ourselves that injection we needed this window, gambled and reinforced the team , backed the manager and made a statement to our rivals. Instead we leave January with no additions, barely able to name a starting 11and bench of fit senior players, and with our off field credibility pretty much in tatters.

This window was about ambition , about recognising the wonderful opportunity we find ourselves with, and providing the resources which will allow us to consolidate that. We may well go on to have a storming second half of the season, but if we don't we will look back at this as tthe biggest opportunity we could possibly miss to reinstate ourself amongst the elite. The Mancs will get their act together,Arsenal will always be there, City and Chelsea will only improve.. It may be a while before we have another chance like this.

They've let Rodgers down here big time. Whoever is responsible, Ayre, FSG, they've failed to back their man. They know he will put on a face, toe the party line, praise them for their efforts. In reality they've shafted him, failed yet again to deliver one of his priority targets. Like I said there is a clear trend emerging now. It's happening too regularly . Salah and Konoplyanka in the space of a couple of weeks, deals supposedly tied up and mere formalities. Both have been blown sly high and I'm sorry but the excuses that we'll be fed just won't wash with me. What a fucking embarrassment

That is exactly the sentiments most sane fans have. We all want the same thing, Only some see the reality though. 

What a fucking shambles.

Doubt Suarez is going to be impressed either.

FSG are different to H&G in one crucial way: they're not straddling the club with unsustainable debt that's threatening to drive the club out of existence. Of course that's a very good thing, but for me that's where the differences end .

They're not prepared to spend money, they're trying to con the fans with a load of bullshit about how focused they are on developing the club and what efforts they're going to to do it. For H&G read the spade in the ground and Snoogy Doogy, for FSG read Moneyball.

In fairness to FSG they're much smarter and are obviously better businessmen than H&G, as while the previous owners downright lied to us, the whole Moneyball and "refusing to overpay" stuff actually does make sense at some level. You can still be someone capable of some sort of critical thinking and kinda buy into it.

It's still a load of shite though, and for me they're really not different to H&G at all: they still don't want to spend any money, and just cash in regardless. They're just better at what they do than the last pair of clowns.

I started to think something was off after that cringeworthy cuntery they came out with after we missed out on Dempsey. Many people vindicated it with how Dempsey turned out for Spurs, and it's true he probably wasn't the right player to go after, but that doesn't change the fact that it was fucking ridiculously stupid to loan out Carroll and bring NO ONE in to replace him.

A year on and their neglect of the obvious flaws in the squad have continued. People may entirely blame Ayre but there's something very fucking wrong with our general transfer policy if we "fuck up" this many times.

• Upvote 3

FSG are different to H&G in one crucial way: they're not straddling the club with unsustainable debt that's threatening to drive the club out of existence. Of course that's a very good thing, but for me that's where the differences end .

They're not prepared to spend money, they're trying to con the fans with a load of bullshit about how focused they are on developing the club and what efforts they're going to to do it. For H&G read the spade in the ground and Snoogy Doogy, for FSG read Moneyball.

In fairness to FSG they're much smarter and are obviously better businessmen than H&G, as while the previous owners downright lied to us, the whole Moneyball and "refusing to overpay" stuff actually does make sense at some level. You can still be someone capable of some sort of critical thinking and kinda buy into it.

It's still a load of shite though, and for me they're really not different to H&G at all: they still don't want to spend any money, and just cash in regardless. They're just better at what they do than the last pair of clowns.

I started to think something was off after that cringeworthy cuntery they came out with after we missed out on Dempsey. Many people vindicated it with how Dempsey turned out for Spurs, and it's true he probably wasn't the right player to go after, but that doesn't change the fact that it was fucking ridiculously stupid to loan out Carroll and bring NO ONE in to replace him.

A year on and their neglect of the obvious flaws in the squad have continued. People may entirely blame Ayre but there's something very fucking wrong with our general transfer policy if we "fuck up" this many times.

Succinct and prescient, I fear.

Again...ah fuck it i was going to have a rant but its late and we'll still wake up in the morning with this shit committee and Ayre-head looking at players. Werner and Henry need to grow a set of balls and write up some P45s in the morning, not more letters of PR apology.

Again...ah fuck it i was going to have a rant but its late and we'll still wake up in the morning with this shit committee and Ayre-head looking at players. Werner and Henry need to grow a set of balls and write up some P45s in the morning, not more letters of PR apology.

I think you'll get your wish, I fully expect Ayre to be sacked/moved to a different department in the not too distant future. Doesn't make much fucking difference though when his bosses are the real problem.

They'll probably release some statement about how their good intentions and sincere efforts to strengthen the squad were hamstrung by his incompetency, thereby winning brownie points with the fans. Then we'll all be confused when the next guy can't seem to do any deals either.

Dnipro must have accepted our offer otherwise we would not have been allowed to discuss terms with the player. The player must have accepted the terms before he would undergo the medical. So it can only be the payment terms when the paperwork was delivered to Dnipro. Can't see that it can be anything else. Maybe this gave the owner the chance to kick it into touch because he never wanted to sell the player in the first place.

As others have stated maybe Ayre only has so much leeway in transfer dealings. If he steps outside his brief he is a dead man walking. As for Rodgers doing a Rafa..... consider how well that worked out.

Thats not necessarily the case. I imagine we would already been sorted out the wages unofficially via his agent.