You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yevhen Konoplyanka

WhiskeyJar

I'd say thats a fair point and I'd genuinely believe that. I think all are to blame to be honest. I'd say Ayre is working under tight conditions to be honest. But if he is then he should have the fucking balls to tell FSG, this is a waste of my time if this is all you're giving to work with. Hes a weak leader otherwise in my mind.

Would you speak out if you were promoted to a position you were unqualified for - that brought huge benefits in wage, kudos and lifestyle - and most of your cock ups were obscured by a labyrinthine trail of culpability? I wouldn't and I'd wager I'm cut from the same gutless cloth as Ayre.

We're stymied by an MD without either the nous or remit to tackle things by himself, and the vaccuum of any kind of real footballing experience at a high level in the club won't help him.

I'd like to call for his head, but I wouldn't put it past FSG to appoint someone with even less experience.

• Upvote 1

It gets better sounds like the deal was never ever close.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 3m

#LFC had an agreement with Konoplyanka. Owner of FC Dnipro refused to sign the paperwork

I'm sorry I simply don't believe that. we spent two day negotiating with an owner who refused to sign the paperwork once we had an agreement? WTF?

Ayre is obviously not competent but as someone said a few posts back I don't think the owners care. I think they are basically tight cunts and are gambling that we can still finish 4th with fuck all investment as results have been good so far and they can then cash in on the CL.

What they don't understand is that we are now fucked by injuries. We have no squad and their sheer arrogance is going to cost us dearly.

I'm disgusted and feel sorry for Rodgers as what is being done to him now is what was done to Rafa by H&G. It's simply not fair.

• Upvote 1

The clause could only be activated by a team outside of Ukraine. His agent confirmed that yesterday.

Catch up.

Agents say a lot of things they have a vested interest. I always find that it helps to agree terms with the seller if I want to buy anything.

I guess it does not matter they have failed to buy one player in this window so everything else is just playing the blame game and the ultimate failure is of the owners of Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

Agents say a lot of things they have a vested interest. I always find that it helps to agree terms with the seller if I want to buy anything.

Is bang on the money.

We act like "oooh these trick agents are always changing the rules". Well if that's the case how do our rivals manage to get their deals done? It's obviously us.

• Upvote 1

I saw most fans saying the wide areas were not the main concern and the dm and full back areas should be added to, Im surprised to see there is not more concern about that from fans then about a wide player most have not seen enough to form an opinion.

Rodgers didnt seem concerned today when talking about how a deal may not happen and I can understand why when we have sterling, coutinho, moses, ibe and a few others who can play out wide.

If the club set a certain value for him and his club would not accept that then I have no problem with us pulling out, if he flopped it would quickly have been called a panic buy.

Disapointing not to add in this window but if there was noone out there who we could get who could force there way into our first eleven there was no point getting more squad players.

• Upvote 1

Definitely just beginning to seem like we're not doing or paying whats required to get these deals done and when it fails everything under the sun gets spun to try and make us believe its everybody else's but Ian Ayre or the owners fault. 

I sometimes even think about the Sakho and Ilori deals. They were being reported all summer but didn't happen to right near the end. Was that because we literally got lucky playing games and no one gazumped us. I honestly believe thats the case. 

I saw most fans saying the wide areas were not the main concern and the dm and full back areas should be added to, Im surprised to see there is not more concern about that from fans then about a wide player most have not seen enough to form an opinion.

Rodgers didnt seem concerned today when talking about how a deal may not happen and I can understand why when we have sterling, coutinho, moses, ibe and a few others who can play out wide.

If the club set a certain value for him and his club would not accept that then I have no problem with us pulling out, if he flopped it would quickly have been called a panic buy.

Disapointing not to add in this window but if there was noone out there who we could get who could force there way into our first eleven there was no point getting more squad players.

Most here disagree with the idea of needing a winger but the manager doesn't.

They cannot clinch a deal. Not even for muck like Clint Dempsey. How many players have they missed out on now.

Smalltime operators.

If we do not get 4th its on them

To be fair I'd never heard of this bloke until a few days ago. On the positive, we've played all our tough away games, have missed key players through injury but we're scoring loads of goals and we're clear 4th. I'd have taken this in August. Still shit our awesome 'committee' is too fucking shit to sign anyone and defeats the point of its very existence but hey.

The suits definitely need sorting. However the owners must be loving our commercial pull, signing up with everyone. I bet they cant believe it. All this talk of we can compete is obvious bullshit and they need to be taken to task about it.

I think its going well and we have improved but with a bit more effort we could be up there. This year is gonna be our best chance for a long time imo. Here's hoping SAS do the business

If we've fucked it up once again, I wish Rodgers would just go all Rafa on FSG and Ayre or whoever is responsible, but I guess he'll just come up with his usual arse-licking bullshit of how they've been working hard in Ukraine to get the deal done but it wasn't meant to be.

Well, it didn't take long. How surprising that the offal puts up the story as the deal is confirmed as dead.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/154441-boss-my-confidence-in-current-squad

I don't think we look amateurs, I think we look like a club run by people who don't really give a shit about winning and they don't want to give a shit about winning and they love to play the propaganda game.

I expect to hear some bullshit about the stadium soon, some sort of planning or design that will of course never materialise, but it will help to sweeten their refusal to invest to the team's effort to get back to Top 4.