You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yevhen Konoplyanka

WhiskeyJar

Inexcusable. Don't even care for facts. We activated a release cause, it's as simple as that. We sent the most inept cunt ever to sit behind a desk over there to try and ask them if they would except £35 a week for the next 126 years and we wonder why their chairman saw his arse.

Its fucking pathetic. He should be coming home to his P45. He's completely useless. The sad realisation is almost all of us knew this would be the outcome.

Utterly embarrassing.

• Upvote 3

Inexcusable. Don't even care for facts. We activated a release cause, it's as simple as that. We sent the most inept cunt ever to sit behind a desk over there to try and ask them if they would except £35 a week for the next 126 years and we wonder why their chairman saw his arse.

Its fucking pathetic. He should be coming home to his P45. He's completely useless. The sad realisation is almost all of us knew this would be the outcome.

Utterly embarrassing.

Exactly, Its not a shock that this has happened. Heads should fucking roll.

As much as i think Ayre's a prat, we don't know under what instructions he's working. If the owners have nixed any idea of paying in one lump sum we were likely screwed from the start.

We have no idea who values the players, who decided Salah was worth a pittance and why we didn't switch to new targets sooner.

Ayre's a div, but the structure he works within and the people who put that into place are likely just as culpable for our fuckwittery in the transfer market.

One senior footballing figure would be great, someone who could see the shyster agents and transfer pitfalls a mile off. But then such a man might choose to highlight any restrictions he was forced to work under, which is why FSG likely avoid such appointments.

Oh well, at least we've saved some money for our primary summer targets again...

• Upvote 5

On the brink of not only challenging for CL spots, but arguably not a kick in the nuts away from the top.  Manager desperate to strengthen for the run in.  Ayre fucks off over there 3 days ago.  And as many predicted yet another fucking shambles. 

I'm not suggesting he gets the boot as he may well be at the centre of these 'top of the commercial' league deals.

When is the club gonna realise he's a disaster on the transfer front?

Well maybe Ayre will like to shout about this.  We're joint 'bottom of the spending league' with a few other clubs as the only clubs to have spent zero this window. 

It gets better sounds like the deal was never ever close.

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC 3m

#LFC had an agreement with Konoplyanka. Owner of FC Dnipro refused to sign the paperwork

It would help if he said why he never signed the paperwork. 

Surely some contact must have been made with Dnipro before Ayre set off on his Harley and we must have had some indication that they were willing sellers.  If you assume that much is true then the only logical conclusion is that we didn't reach a deal with them. 

Maybe we'll go back in for him in the summer, Yevhen can wait.

Yep, when Spurs, Chelski or some other club will also be competing for his signature, and we all know how it usually goes when we've got some competition. We would be bloody lucky if we were still the only one in for him come summer.

As much as i think Ayre's a prat, we don't know under what instructions he's working. If the owners have nixed any idea of paying in one lump sum we were likely screwed from the start.

We have no idea who values the players, who decided Salah was worth a pittance and why we didn't switch to new targets sooner.

Ayre's a div, but the structure he works within and the people who put that into place are likely just as culpable for our fuckwittery in the transfer market.

One senior footballing figure would be great, someone who could see the shyster agents and transfer pitfalls a mile off. But then such a man might choose to highlight any restrictions he was forced to work under, which is why FSG likely avoid such appointments.

Oh well, at least we've saved some money for our primary summer targets again...

I'd say thats a fair point and I'd genuinely believe that. I think all are to blame to be honest. I'd say Ayre is working under tight conditions to be honest. But if he is then he should have the fucking balls to tell FSG, this is a waste of my time if this is all you're giving to work with. Hes a weak leader otherwise in my mind. 

The theme is. it's always someone else's fault. This time it's their owner didn't want to sell. 

So why the fuck would you fly out to a country that's in the middle of a revolution if that's the case? Why announce it to the daily fucking mirror?

The deal was on the table but FSG won't sanction it for the price being asked. Exactly what they did with Miki and Salah. Oh sorry I forgot, it's not us it's the players, they just didn't want to come.

FOH with that BS. 

FSG play the blame game and it's always somebody else's fault , just never theirs.

• Upvote 1

Monkey and organ grinder come to mind.

We'll have a fuck ton of money available in the summer if we don't make the CL as Suarez will be off to the highest bidder. Now, whilst I think we CAN make the CL with our current squad and I didn't think a winger should have been first priority the fact that we look totally fucking incompetent again is very unsettling.

After all, we could be rich as fuck and it means nothing if we can't negotiate a fucking deal.

The problem we have is not paying inflated fees agents fees etc is all well and good but when you are after top players other clubs will pay it and then you're fucked. If the owner wouldn't agree the sale why the fuck did we go out there. Now saying we activated the release clause but he still wouldn't sign the paperwork, how the fuck can you do that !!!

Do better Ben Smith, stop taking up for the incompetent prat. It wasn't just this one deal, he's fucked up plenty of them. Everywhere Ayre-s-hole goes it's the same hard luck story.

Give Rodgers the money and let him sign the players. Ayre is dogshit.

Come off it mate, it's not like when having a month to work with it would be prudent to establish up front that there's even a deal to be made, and if that can't be done within a reasonable timeframe then move onto another target because the single most important factor is, reinforcements in this window were vital.

In 3 days of negotiation it's usually impossible to get a flavour of which way it's going. Often seemingly amenable owners pretend right until the last minute they're up for a deal only to pull the old switcheroo for a laugh. Don't tell me, this guy's a close personal friend of Roman Abramovich, and he's called in a few favours.

The football transfer version of pulling one of these on someone:

gun-bang-24370910.jpg

People going on about Ian Ayre offering to pay a fiver a week etc.

Get real. Do you honestly think he's being told to offer the full amount up top, but off his own bat decides to offer installments?

Of course not. He'll have instructions and parameters in which he can work. If he's given a maximum spend of £15m and they demand £16m, it's not his fault either.

Look at how brutal FSG have been with Hodgson, Dalglish, Borrell, McAuley when they believed that they weren't doing their jobs properly. They sacked them. Surely if Ayre was ballsing up as much as others are speculating (and that's all it is - speculation) why haven't they jibbed him?

Just as the manager has financial restrictions to operate under, I imagine the same applies with Ayre?

Maybe we need to look beyond Mr. Scapegoat to identify the real reason why we're missing out on these players?