You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Game of Thrones

Kevin D

Who do you want on the Iron Throne?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Looking forward to it, although it deffo nosedived after they stopped following the books. The last season took the piss in terms of trying to wind everything up in 40 minutes. If you go back and watch some of the early court treachery Lannister stuff it's on another planet.

Looking forward to it, although it deffo nosedived after they stopped following the books. The last season took the piss in terms of trying to wind everything up in 40 minutes. If you go back and watch some of the early court treachery Lannister stuff it's on another planet.

Couldn't agree more. The pacing and exposition of the early seasons was majestic.

Couldn't agree more. The pacing and exposition of the early seasons was majestic.

We're witnessing accelarationism in everything thanks to the exponential gains of technology. Unless you're borderline ADHD most modern media is now pointless and shallow.

We're witnessing accelarationism in everything thanks to the exponential gains of technology. Unless you're borderline ADHD most modern media is now pointless and shallow.

You should watch The Detectorists or Great Canal Journeys. Fast paced edge of seat stuff.

For a programme I love, I find myself constantly pre-occupied by minor gripes I have, guess it's just the typical modern day entitled viewer mentality. I think the show recovered very well from Queen Margaery leaving, but can sometimes over egg some of the duller storylines like the above mentioned High Sparrow, Brann chin stroking his tits off & the cryptic bellend many faced god thundercunt boring Arya to death. I can only imagine how difficult it is synch the multiple storylines, whilst giving sufficient storyline to everyone and pacing the show effectively, hopefully it will be all killer no filler in the final season.

I hope Euron becomes a worthy bad guy because it's incredibly tough following the glorious cuntishness of Joffrey and the sadistic, demented Ramsay. Still there is Cersei and it's hard to see her living at the end of it, most likely killed by the hand of Jaime. Rumours of up to 5 spin off shows, I hope there are a few non-white walker stories.

• Upvote 1

I’m all fangirlish about the show at this point. Especially having watched it back. I love it.

Yeah. I rewatched it all with Jr prior to the last season so we could watch that together. It was better second time round for me.
  • Upvote 1

For a programme I love, I find myself constantly pre-occupied by minor gripes I have, guess it's just the typical modern day entitled viewer mentality. I think the show recovered very well from Queen Margaery leaving, but can sometimes over egg some of the duller storylines like the above mentioned High Sparrow, Brann chin stroking his tits off & the cryptic bellend many faced god thundercunt boring Arya to death. I can only imagine how difficult it is synch the multiple storylines, whilst giving sufficient storyline to everyone and pacing the show effectively, hopefully it will be all killer no filler in the final season.

I hope Euron becomes a worthy bad guy because it's incredibly tough following the glorious cuntishness of Joffrey and the sadistic, demented Ramsay. Still there is Cersei and it's hard to see her living at the end of it, most likely killed by the hand of Jaime. Rumours of up to 5 spin off shows, I hope there are a few non-white walker stories.

Agree with those bits dragging a bit, along with the bronn and Jamie buddy comedy Road trip, and the sand snakes.

Obviously it has a lot to do with the TV overtaking the books, with them having to drop certain threads they still need to arrive at the same conclusion. It's still a brilliant show though, those points are more small lulls that leave me hoping for a bit of action soon than shit storylines. It's never had me raging like some other shows like the walking dead.

It was all necessary to have all the pieces lined up in the right place, everything up to now has been one big set up, I'm expecting this last series to be incredible.

Heard they'd finished filming one of the main battles recently, took them about 2 months which is twice as long as the next highest being battle of the bastards.

I think they've chose to start the development of 5 to see what ideas the writers come up with, then pick the 2 or 3 best ones, and they'll probably be different enough to set them apart from each other, none of this walking fear the dead shite.

Can't wait, I'm like a massive kid. I was always jealous that my dad was knocking about when the star wars original trilogy came out, I imagined that there was insane amounts of excitement. Well I've got game of thrones, what a time to be alive.

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...
12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Been watching this again, fucking hell at its best it was something else. The scenes between Tywen and The nan from High Garden are gold. Tywen is up there in the top 20 villains of all time for me.

I fucking hate that smug high garden cunt. Was gutted she didn't get the full Cersei treatment