You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wasp...

dave u

Wasps are mean motherfuckers but that don't mean you underestimate The Bee.....

bee.jpg

Looks nothing like Spy Bee. Spy Bee has only one eye in the middle of his forehead.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I've had a real phobia of the little shits since I was about 7 or 8 and the fuckers built a nest in the eaves above my bedroom. All through the winter, I kept hearing scratching noises late at night, but the sly bastards would never make a sound when my mum or dad were around. Then one evening a couple of dozen of the cunts boiled out of a ventilation hole in my bedroom wall just as I was getting into bed- I nearly had a fit.

There was a report late last year about the decline in insect species world wide, and it's been very noticeable for over a decade now that the number of wasps has declined quite markedly compared to what it used to be. Frankly, if the price of getting rid of them is total ecological collapse, then it's one well worth paying.

• Upvote 2

I've kept spiders and snakes in the past, but these yellow and black striped jersey wearing pointy arsed little bastards are one creature I cannot bear.  I've got scar tissue on one arm where a wasp stung me repeatedly as a young boy and it went sceptic.  My brother ended up with a wasp nest in his loft that was 4 feet across, and the guy who came to deal with it told him "when you leave for work in the morning, don't slam the door.  And FUCKING RUN".  He wasn't joking either, these fuckers go mad to protect their nest and enough stings can cause the body to go into shock.

I've stood on a dead wasp and the cunt still stung my foot.  Spiteful,baleful horrible little bastards.

What part do they play in the ecological chain ?  Isn't this one species that the planet would benefit from having wiped out ?

Don’t arse me Wasps. Got no fear of them at all, just ignore them and they go away. We had a nest right over the bins in work once and made the mistake of saying I wasn’t scared of them which meant I had to empty the bin every time it was needed for about six months. Cunts. 

My brother got stung as a kid in Camelot (the theme park, not the mythical castle) right in the centre of his fod. He ended up with a fod like Vincent Kompany, much to my amusement.

Misses is absolutely terrified of them and we're near a field where I'm sure there's a nest as there's loads of them about of late. I keep hearing screams and doors slamming thinking she's being attacked but she's running into rooms and shutting the door and waiting for me to come back inside. Locked herself away for about 3 hours once because I was at work.

I've ended up having a wee panic every time I see one because she ended up twatting them inside my face in Berlin which isn't fun when they're hornets. Started putting up those wasp catchers in the garden which seems to be working wonders as I can sit there in peace without her kicking off whenever one comes near.

Was stung by one at Blackpool ‘fun’fair when I was a kid. I was drinking a can of fizzy orange and as I put the can to my lips it landed on the edge nearest my nose. We stared as each other for what seemed like a few seconds, before it decided that today was the day my nose tasted pain, and stung me on the bridge. 

Despite that I admire them. Not as cute as bees, but nevertheless sleek, agile, beautiful little assassins. Perfectly safe if you don’t stare them down over a can of Tango.

• Upvote 1

Some balance.

https://animals.howstuffworks.com/insects/wasps-deserve-some-love-too.htm

But a team of scientists at University College London (UCL) believes that wasps deserve as much love as bees do. Wasps, like bees, are powerful pollinators. But unlike bees, wasps are also apex predators, regulating insect populations and killing off crop pests. Sure, wasps don't make sweet amber nectar by the jarful, but in some parts of the world wasp larvae are a seasonal delicacy (fine, the bees win that round).

• Upvote 1

Bees are the metaphorical landed gentry of the insect world, humans even build houses for them and grow Flowers especially suited to them. They are too fat to scientifically be able to fly yet do it anyway. If bees get fucked over its front page news yet wasp cleansing is positively encouraged, just see this thread. 

Wasps are the working class of the insect world, hated and misunderstood by others yet passionately look after their own, love a pint and will come back for more even if a fucking monster slaps them. 

• Upvote 2

Grew up with an apple tree in the backyard. A wasp magnet, so as a kid you'd always get a sting or two. But late season you could get your revenge--the rotting apple seemed to anesthetize them, so you could stomp on the little bastards to your heart's content.

Revenge is indeed sweet.