You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rugby Thread

Rapey Hugh

Wales aren't winning here though. They've been too sloppy and England have punished them ruthlessly.

I'm amazed how often they are kicking it with the quality of their back line, I would have thought they'd be running more.

Surprised by the Welsh, thought they'd be better than that as I do think they have a better team on paper.

Home advantage is massive in the Six Nations, if this was in Wales I expect the result would have been reverse.

The ref was a fucking joke getting in the way countless of times though.

Yeah I agree.  Especially for the first English try.

Thought the sin bin was harsh as well, when Hartley could have got binned.

All of those could have made it a very different game despite Wales not being at their best.

Can anyone explain why Warburton is the Welsh captain?

He isn't a natural captain, doesn't lead by example and isn't even their best forward.

They've lost something like 9 of the last 13 games give or take one or 2 he's been captain I read recently, not obviously all his fault but still pretty poor

England have done well in the 6N considering they have been without Corbisiero, Tuilagi, Cole, Parling , Yarde and latterly B Vunipola.

Still not convinced by Twelvetrees.

Wales look a bit jaded, and I think they are suffering for Gatland taking the lot of them to Australia with the Lions.

England have done well in the 6N considering they have been without Corbisiero, Tuilagi, Cole, Parling , Yarde and latterly B Vunipola.

Agree with your first sentence.  

I quite like Twelvetrees, did a lovely kick for one of the tries today. 

Wales look a bit jaded, and I think they are suffering for Gatland taking the lot of them to Australia with the Lions.

He got the tactics completely wrong today.

First time at Twickenham for me today and it was pretty good. I thought the atmosphere was decent. Gutted by the Welsh performance though, far too many handling errors that proved costly. England were obviously the better team on the day, but I thought we made it easy for them. Dislocated shoulder for Halfpenny when making that great tackle near the end.

Desperately need a good outside half. All those years when we could pick any one out of three or more top level players and now we can't find one. Should either take a chance and pick Hook or just give it to Biggar and stick with him until the next genius turns up.

Desperately need a good outside half. All those years when we could pick any one out of three or more top level players and now we can't find one. Should either take a chance and pick Hook or just give it to Biggar and stick with him until the next genius turns up.

I think Wales have under used Hook for years.

Wales 9 and 10 are both poo (in comparison to the rest of the team) plus Gatland is very one dimensional in his narrow, power running style.

They are chock full of quality players but when things are a bit off the halves aren't good enough to change the game plan and Gatland never does.

If you lined up the teams you'd probably say only 3 or 4 positions (second row, 9 and 10) that England were better than Wales but they won fairly easily.  Also the Lions thing I suppose.

Ireland should win in Paris to take the title on points from England.