You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rugby Thread

Rapey Hugh

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Can't wait for the quarter finals over the weekend. With these and football and boxing I have basically told the wife to forget I exist until Monday.

Going to go into solitary confinement in the spare bedroom.

Hopefully it will be a great weekend results wise mate. Just off to bed for a few hours kip before it all kicks off. Hopefully England can live up to their favourite status and reach the Semi's. 

Guest Pistonbroke
7 hours ago, sir roger said:

All of the 4 favoured sides are at least 7 point favourites with the bookies but I have a little sneaky feeling that at least one unexpected result may occur, possibly France or Oz . Come on England.

Yeah, always about form on the day and once the KO phase starts nerves can easily play a part. We're only a few minutes away from the first semi, so we'll find out how good this England team handle things, and indeed the Wallabies. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke
3 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Watched the England V France women’s international yesterday at Sandy Park. 

Was really impressed with the standard and had a good day out. 

When did the prop leave your abode? 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
3 hours ago, Pidge said:

That was an intense match yesterday, last 10 minutes with a 1 point lead and a man in the bin.  

Last 10 minutes, man in the bin and Racing completely on top. 

Incredible defence and performance to win the Heineken Cup. I can’t say I enjoy watching Exeter play but you can’t not respect them. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, whtwht said:

Have you seen this guy Caleb Clarke? New All Black winger had a stormer of a debut.

Looking forward to see Wasps v Exeter. Reckon Wasps will just do it after such a tough game yesterday.

I fancy Wasps but would find it hilarious if the cheating cunts missed out on a final place because of coronavirus and Bristol beat Exeter in the final. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, whtwht said:

Looking forward to see Wasps v Exeter. Reckon Wasps will just do it after such a tough game yesterday.

Might depend on who they have available.

Regarding Exeter being dull, I tend to assume that means people mainly see our 'highlights'. Lots of getting over the last 5m and not a lot of how we got there, because we have a lot of good rugby players. Especially the ones that have come through the academy in the last decade: Nowell, Cowan-Dickie, Simmonds (x2), Maunder (x2) and Slade.  These are some of the best in the division, regardless of style (the Maunders are both still works in progress, that said). 

I watch Exeter abit and don't find them dull at all. In fact I actually found Saracens quite dull tbh but I enjoy watching a few of the team Slade, O'Flaherty, Simmons bros and Hogg. Just think the Wasps backrow will win the game for them and they have a very good backline.

• Upvote 1