You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rugby Thread

Rapey Hugh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

.One of the greatest rugby players of all time passes away. Incredible player for Llanelli, Wales, The British Lions and the Barbarians. A genius on the field and a true gentleman off it. 

Starts the move for this immortal try against the All Black's at Cardiff Arms Park.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

.One of the greatest rugby players of all time passes away. Incredible player for Llanelli, Wales, The British Lions and the Barbarians. A genius on the field and a true gentleman off it. 

Starts the move for this immortal try against the All Black's at Cardiff Arms Park.

What a fucking try! Just incredible!

RIP Phil Bennett!

10 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Genuine legend. 

Yeah definitely. What an amazing crop of world class rugby players they nurtured down Llanelli in the 70s, started by the fantastic coach Carwyn James. 

You can see why Bennett was called  "the player with stardust in his boots"

This try is something else.

54 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah definitely. What an amazing crop of world class rugby players they nurtured down Llanelli in the 70s, started by the fantastic coach Carwyn James. 

You can see why Bennett was called  "the player with stardust in his boots"

This try is something else.

Good grief, I'd forgotten about that one.

Poetry in motion.

51 minutes ago, aws said:

Definitely. Was there for that Barbarians try too! 

Aww fantastic.

I didn't realise he was a fine cricketer and footballer. I believe the article below is taken the morning he scored that magical try under the posts at Murryfeild, magical.. 

55 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Aww fantastic.

I didn't realise he was a fine cricketer and footballer. I believe the article below is taken the morning he scored that magical try under the posts at Murryfeild, magical.. 

Look at the three in that picture. Gareth Edwards, Phil Bennett and Gerald Davies. A trio to put the fear of God into the opposition.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...