You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football boot confession time

Lee909

My first proper pair were Adidas Beckenbaur Super, but from memory, I think they had moulded studs (in the days when there were about 20 studs on the bottom!).

My most memorable pair, having saved up for them were a pair of Puma Dalglish Gold... black with a gold swish.

I've looked them up on Google but can't quite find the ones with the gold swish. Those had screw in studs (with metal tips) which were pretty lethal thinking about it, as invariably you'd end up walking across some car park in them, and sharpening them (by accident).

This is late 70's I'd say.... when people still told you to soak your boots in a bucket of piss to soften the leather..

$%28KGrHqJHJEkE+VCHgUcZBP4bqhJyp!~~60_35

How the studs USED to look on boots! (but Beckenbauer's were black soles, and simple black and white trim).

puma-dalglish-silver-si-1.jpg

Dalglish Silver (couldn't find Gold). These were the dogs bollocks once.

Had Puma Kings, had the 1st ever Predators (hated the cunts) but settled on these. There really is no other option and anyone who wears anything different is a wool. 

adidas-world-cup-football-boot.jpg

I've got these but they have only become useful the past couple of weeks.  I already had some mouldies at the start of the season but they were too thin.  I got these and got them with the studs.  The pitches have been that hard since the summer though they've ripped my feet to shreds.  I ended up buying the new preds as mouldies.  They have been good as well but I went back to the World Cups two weeks ago.

Picked the best of a bunch:

First proper boots: Diadora Club Pro black and yellow

Puma King Classic - Best gift my dad bought me. When you turned up in these you instantly commanded respect, even from your coaches.

Nike Air Zoom Total 90 (white and red) these were worn by a lot of players during wc2002. Just about the best and most comfortable footy boots ive worn. Looked a bit flashy though.

Mizuno Morelia Classic FG black moulded - Current boots. Cant complain.

$_12.JPG

Last year I got a pair of NFL cleats for rugby.  they were actually really decent when the weather turned and you're looking for grip come scrum time also came with a hilarious extra "claw" stud at the front. as you can see below which when added to a  set of 20mil steel studs resched near WMD status!

$_12.JPG

Rock the Incurza these days, reinforcing my delusions of playing wing. back in my soccer/ GAA days the puma king ruled the roost in nearly every changing room
L2000032257002.jpg