You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

And So It Begins

Anubis

It's such a shame anyone responded to Stan. Why get involved? Really got nothing better to do than hurl abuse through a social networking site at a vapid sports dj? Who wins?

Of course there was going to be fallout from the Suarez pen, but just ignore it for christs sake. He should have had three free kicks just outside the area and I bet he'd have scored two of them. Swings and roundabouts.

You allowed to do what you want.  I'm allowed to disagree.

I totally agree he is a bad twat, I just don't know why people even need to mention about him being a depressive.  It is irrelevant.

Anyway, I have made my point.  It was only a neg.  Don't take it too seriously, neg me back to make yourself feel better.

I'm in no way wading into what you think is a pilly on, but no one mentioned depression until you did.

Mourinho having a veiled dig at Suarez and Rodgers in his after-match interview, and we aren't even playing him. Not by name, of course, because he's a massive shithouse....  ....sorry, amusing and entertaining chappie.

He's always been so gracious and easy come easy go about anything not going entirely in his favour. He has as much depth as Danny Dyer.

The good thing with the new image he's attempting to project this season, is Abramovich is still exactly the same ruthless mobster who'll fuck him into the nearest bin as soon as someone else wins the league.

All this debate has started due to Mourinho's comments after our game in December. It's again sowed the seed of doubt in people's minds & because people don't like Suarez, they are happy to jump on it / him.

Mourinho knew this would happen eventually. The prick got his wish. All the journo hacks will be sucking on his balls & tounging his hoop at that diner tonight. He has the press in the palm of his hand.

I'm in no way wading into what you think is a pilly on, but no one mentioned depression until you did.

Really?  Opening post in the thread mentions that he is mentally weak.  I merely said that shouldn't be part of the discussion.

Also read what Skaro put.  Plenty of ways to have a pop at Collymore without mentioning an illness.

I can't stand him personally.

How it must burn seeing a man from an impovorished background make the most of his talent, tackling adversity head on and meeting it with relish, carving for himself a stable and happy family life, while you squandered your gifts because you were so very mentally weak, and have to scrabble for temporary affection from complete strangers in poorly-lit public car parks.

Probably not best to use a phrase like that in the same post that you complain about snide digs.

Really, really lame comment.

Mine wasn't a dig - it was highlighting what was happening.

LFD, until your post I had no idea he'd been depressive. By mentally weak I was talking about his bullying actions being used to bolster his low self-esteem. That's what bullies do - whether it's hitting the weak, or picking on targets using a platform where you'll find plenty of xenophobic biased support, such as Suarez. Given the number of bullies I've dealt with in a professional capacity in 20 years I stand by my opinion based on experience. I refute your suggestion I've mocked his depression. 

LFD, until your post I had no idea he'd been depressive. By mentally weak I was talking about his bullying actions being used to bolster his low self-esteem. That's what bullies do - whether it's hitting the weak, or picking on targets using a platform where you'll find plenty of xenophobic biased support, such as Suarez. Given the number of bullies I've dealt with in a professional capacity in 20 years I stand by my opinion based on experience. I refute your suggestion I've mocked his depression. 

OK mate, fair enough.  If I got the wrong end of the stick I apologise.

Yeah he has suffered from depression quite badly in the past.  

Collymore - the good

Scored some good goals for us and filled me with hope as a red... for about five minutes. 

Collymore - the bad

Wife beater. Dodgy recreational activities. Got battered by some rugby players. (Can't decide if this last one goes in the good or bad list). 

He's trying to stay relevant. He isn't. If he had even half of Suarez's talent, or character, he could have been a special player.   

Now to be fair, there was some terrible cheating on Saturday.

Suarez elbowed their striker in the head.

Suarez kicked the ball away to waste time.

Suarez booted their striker in the leg, and used rough house tactics most of the game.

Suarez bundled their winger over and motioned to the ref that it was a dive to avoid a card.

Suarez pretended to retrieve the ball then left it to waste more time.

Suarez got hit in the arm then threw himself on the floor holding his head pretending he'd been punched.

Remember the most important rule of modern sport: it's not WHAT they did, it's WHO actually did it.  If Collymore wanted to highlight cheating in football, there was a bit more material he could have worked with. 

But he's not interested in eradicating cheating, he's interested in boosting his lagging profile and being a bully.

• Upvote 3

It might be misguided but I actually don't mind Collymore.  He's nowhere near as bad as some people make out.  When I seen the first replay of the penalty I thought it was a dive.  I still think he went down very easy and I'm still not sure even now if it is a penalty.

Now if you replace the exact same situation with Januzaj and United playing against us there would be a whole host of people calling him a cheating cunt who went down easy.  Yes Suarez gets the rough treatment and that does need raising as does the time wasting by players.  Those things weren't game changing moments though and that's the reason they aren't the biggest talking points.  For all we know those little digs at Suarez throughout the game have piled up in the refs mind to the point when the penalty decision came round he's thought well they've been asking for it, penalty!

I had talksport on pretty much straight after the game for about 5/10 mins.  When i heard him talking I completely got his view.  He is a Villa fan that in his eyes was cheated out of 3 points by 1 big decision.  We all know the feeling of that even over the past few weeks.  It was only later through magnifying glasses on screens they showed the slightest brush against Suarez foot.  We've got plenty of Liverpool fans in the press that will back him.

He's made a rod for his own back in the past with some of his antics and wasn't getting the big decisions.  He's cleaned up his act this season and the big decisions are now going his way.  Collymore just like most opposition fans though isn't suddenly going to forget everything as soon as something happens like Saturday.  Some of the stuff subsequently thrown at him on Twitter and in this thread is offensive and cringe-worthy to read.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It might be misguided but I actually don't mind Collymore.  He's nowhere near as bad as some people make out.  When I seen the first replay of the penalty I thought it was a dive.  I still think he went down very easy and I'm still not sure even now if it is a penalty.

Now if you replace the exact same situation with Januzaj and United playing against us there would be a whole host of people calling him a cheating cunt who went down easy.  Yes Suarez gets the rough treatment and that does need raising as does the time wasting by players.  Those things weren't game changing moments though and that's the reason they aren't the biggest talking points.  For all we know those little digs at Suarez throughout the game have piled up in the refs mind to the point when the penalty decision came round he's thought well they've been asking for it, penalty!

I had talksport on pretty much straight after the game for about 5/10 mins.  When i heard him talking I completely got his view.  He is a Villa fan that in his eyes was cheated out of 3 points by 1 big decision.  We all know the feeling of that even over the past few weeks.  It was only later through magnifying glasses on screens they showed the slightest brush against Suarez foot.  We've got plenty of Liverpool fans in the press that will back him.

He's made a rod for his own back in the past with some of his antics and wasn't getting the big decisions.  He's cleaned up his act this season and the big decisions are now going his way.  Collymore just like most opposition fans though isn't suddenly going to forget everything as soon as something happens like Saturday.  Some of the stuff subsequently thrown at him on Twitter and in this thread is offensive and cringe-worthy to read.

You've missed the point completely.

He favorited a tweet in which Liverpool fans were refereed to as murderers.

Not sure if it's been touched on as haven't read the whole thread, but where's the uproar, the online polls, the vilification for Leandro Bacuna and his blatant attempt to get Sturridge sent off by play acting and pretending that Sturridge punched him in the face, when in reality it was just a light nudge to the arm? 

In the grander scheme of eradicating cheating from football, surely the Bacuna incident is a more relative and serious incident than Suarez doing what 9 out of 10 players do, and what he's entitled to do, namely not do his best to hurdle an oncoming goalkeeper who has committed himself rashly and recklessly. 

I'm all for doing away with cheating in football. I'm not as melodramatic as to call it "a cancer" of the game, or that it will drive people away from the game, because it won't, but it does get on ones tits a bit. But, if we are serious about tackling it, lets lead by the spirt of fairness we claim to crave by not making it a case of tackling the man instead of the ball, which is clearly what has happened over the weekend. 

• Upvote 2