You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread 2014 - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

Brendan has been found out.

Second that. His admirers insist that last season's success had either more or the same to do with him as it did with Luis. So we lose one player we wanted, spend 115 million pounds and look like shite. Do the maths.

Oh, and fuck his little shopping list notepad. Every game we come out worse in the second half.

I want Steven to tell Rodgers he can't do it in the deep lying playmaker role and that he should be playing behind the front 2 for 65 mins or to come on as impact sub. I've been all over the forums and blogs. I'm not the only one who sees it and unless Rodgers is a blind man he can see it too. I want him to have the cojones to make a big call and push the team forward.

I want to see changes for the West Brom game. No more deep lying anyone. Just the quickest and most able to press and quick transitions from defense to attack like we saw last season. 

I want to see Stevie off the leash and having a pop from 23 yards for Balotelli to snap up the rebound. A few goals like that could get our season going. I want to see him and Lallana doing some nice intricate 1-2's around the 18 yard box before Stevie blasts one from near the penno spot into the roof of the net.

We can still give Real a proper game and string some results together if we sit down, re-evaluate, and get some attacking options from this group of talented but unorganized players. 

I disagree that we were too soft against Basel. I want the manager and players to try something different, not try harder at doing the same thing. These players are essentially the same ones we had last season with more options added to the mix. Rodgers needs to get over the Suarez blues and sharpen up the tools he has, and play to the strengths he has at his disposal. 

Rapid action is needed before the season falls away, and all of last years titanic efforts are erased in a haze of procrastination. 

• Upvote 2

We are just going through a rough patch and as tough as it is we need to ride it out. Only city and chelsea are tearing away from us as expected anyway. We will still get out the group in the champions league.

90% of you are hysterical fannies who need to get a grip.

Brendan is definitely the right man and any talk of him being found out or not able to handle the pressure is saville behaviour.

• Upvote 3

It's not a fucking mystery. We lost one of the best players we've ever had. A player who not only scored and assisted with regularity, but who worked his arse off, inspired his team mates to do likewise, provided great encouragement to those around him (especially Sterling), and brought fans into the game with his sheer brilliance and exuberance.

Suarez was utterly magnificent, for all his undoubted flaws, and we've replaced him with mediocrity.

• Upvote 6

It's not a fucking mystery. We lost one of the best players we've ever had. A player who not only scored and assisted with regularity, but who worked his arse off, inspired his team mates to do likewise, provided great encouragement to those around him (especially Sterling), and brought fans into the game with his sheer brilliance and exuberance.

Suarez was utterly magnificent, for all his undoubted flaws, and we've replaced him with mediocrity.

He also very rarely got injured for us (ok, bans aside).

The difference is just too stark. I can't believe we were that reliant on one player.

Pretty fucking bad if we were. I'm willing to give it a little time yet, though.

Essentially, we were. Our defence was shit last season. Our goalkeeper was a mixed bag. And our midfield was mediocre. We had a wonderful front three and Suarez was the best of them, in his own right, as well as the inspiration to the other two, especially Sterling.

The genius of Suarez didn't just consist in his individual contribution, but in his effect on the collective - and the crowd.

It'd be ridiculous to even suggest "Rodgers out". However, the performances/results aren't good enough. The longer we continue in this vein it'll no doubt put him under pressure. If by March/April time we're not in or near the top 4, the pressure will be coming from the club. It's a results business, and FSG proved with Kenny that if the results/performances aren't up to scratch they won't hesitate. Saying all that we're barely out of September, but it's been painful so far.