Quantcast
Is Q-Tip the best rapper of all time? - Page 5 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jose Jones

Is Q-Tip the best rapper of all time?

Is Q-Tip the best rapper of all time?  

41 members have voted

  1. 1. Hmm?

    • Probably
    • No, it's Chuck D
    • I'm going for some other dude
    • The Eminem / Jay Z vote
    • Hip hop? More like Shit hop.


Recommended Posts

Really like YAH off Kendrick's latest and also, bizarrely, the one with Bongo and his mates on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like YAH off Kendrick's latest and also, bizarrely, the one with Bongo and his mates on it.

I was apprehensive when I saw they had collab'd, but it actually works really well!

 

DNA is a great tune, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RA's breath is fucking ridiculous. I mean he holds it for so long it seems like he cheats with studio editing when you first hear him.

Yeah, I was the same until I saw him live. Obviously he has never released a truly great album (though several decent ones) but technically I've not heard many better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck me that's a worse shout than whoever recommended Dave!

 

I see Dave is on Jools Holland this week...

 

But to be clear, I said Dave is my favourite current rapper, because I was listening to him a fair bit at the time, and not because he compares to the rap greats! (yet)

 

More recently, I have been listening to the ladies, like Nadia Rose and Little Simz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Dave is on Jools Holland this week...

 

But to be clear, I said Dave is my favourite current rapper, because I was listening to him a fair bit at the time, and not because he compares to the rap greats! (yet)

 

More recently, I have been listening to the ladies, like Nadia Rose and Little Simz.

Dave is dreadful mate, you get people like Stormzy and Kano taking grime up a level in the last year and Dave and J Hus bringing it back down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave isn't grime though, so not sure that you can say he's bringing it down, but that tune with J Hus was probably his worst by some way.

Stormzy's album was one of the most boring I've listened to, gave it 2 listens then deleted it, maybe 3 good tunes.

I did listen to Kano's album after you mentioned him, and was good, but I preferred Wiley and especially Skepta's.

Anyways, came to post Dave telling it like it like it is 

 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ff6CjYBhoI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2017 at 11:23, The Woolster said:

My favourite current rapper has the best hip hop name I think I've ever seen... Dave.

 

Worth checking out, especially if you like UK hip hop/grime

 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/sep/19/dave-wins-mercury-prize-2019-album-psychodrama

 

Andy Robertson, Dave, whether its football or rap, I know talent when I see it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 22:48, The Woolster said:

Dave isn't grime though, so not sure that you can say he's bringing it down, but that tune with J Hus was probably his worst by some way.

Stormzy's album was one of the most boring I've listened to, gave it 2 listens then deleted it, maybe 3 good tunes.

I did listen to Kano's album after you mentioned him, and was good, but I preferred Wiley and especially Skepta's.

Anyways, came to post Dave telling it like it like it is 

 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ff6CjYBhoI

Stormzy he's just another culture vulture!! don't get the hype with him plus he stuck up for the ginger c**t but then he had beef with wileys brother before, I just do't like him much prefer skepta and wiley.. 

I liked dave with funky friday and black but not given him too much of a listen if I'm honest.. so will give him a go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there such a thing as a good rapper?  To me it’s the fuckin’ pits with dickhead rhyming that a child could do , with dickhead hand signs and throw that dickhead patois into the mix and you’ve got a steaming pile of shite which has fuck all to do with music.

Why it gets into the news is beyond me , I realise some might be into it and for that I offer my sympathies, 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

Is there such a thing as a good rapper?  To me it’s the fuckin’ pits with dickhead rhyming that a child could do , with dickhead hand signs and throw that dickhead patois into the mix and you’ve got a steaming pile of shite which has fuck all to do with music.

Why it gets into the news is beyond me , I realise some might be into it and for that I offer my sympathies, 

Because it's very culturally relevant for lots of people and hip-hop is great party and dance music. Not complicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Because it's very culturally relevant for lots of people and hip-hop is great party and dance music. Not complicated.

4a0P.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Because it's very culturally relevant for lots of people and hip-hop is great party and dance music. Not complicated.

Don’t get that , what culture does it represent? To be honest I haven’t a clue what hip hop is and whether it’s different to rap ? Though I do realise it may be a medium to say something for those who can’t sing and bereft of talent.

I would give those parties a miss plus I can’t dance as I’m an arl cunt, though Mouldy old Dough was great to dance to, whatever gets you through the night is alright I suppose, I just don’t see no sign on it so good for you if that’s your ting

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×