You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Q-Tip the best rapper of all time?

Jose Jones

Is Q-Tip the best rapper of all time?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Hmm?

• Probably
    • No, it's Chuck D
    • I'm going for some other dude
    • The Eminem / Jay Z vote
    • Hip hop? More like Shit hop.

RA's breath is fucking ridiculous. I mean he holds it for so long it seems like he cheats with studio editing when you first hear him.

Yeah, I was the same until I saw him live. Obviously he has never released a truly great album (though several decent ones) but technically I've not heard many better.

Fuck me that's a worse shout than whoever recommended Dave!

I see Dave is on Jools Holland this week...

But to be clear, I said Dave is my favourite current rapper, because I was listening to him a fair bit at the time, and not because he compares to the rap greats! (yet)

More recently, I have been listening to the ladies, like Nadia Rose and Little Simz.

I see Dave is on Jools Holland this week...

But to be clear, I said Dave is my favourite current rapper, because I was listening to him a fair bit at the time, and not because he compares to the rap greats! (yet)

More recently, I have been listening to the ladies, like Nadia Rose and Little Simz.

Dave is dreadful mate, you get people like Stormzy and Kano taking grime up a level in the last year and Dave and J Hus bringing it back down!

• 4 months later...

Dave isn't grime though, so not sure that you can say he's bringing it down, but that tune with J Hus was probably his worst by some way.

Stormzy's album was one of the most boring I've listened to, gave it 2 listens then deleted it, maybe 3 good tunes.

I did listen to Kano's album after you mentioned him, and was good, but I preferred Wiley and especially Skepta's.

Anyways, came to post Dave telling it like it like it is 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ff6CjYBhoI

• 1 year later...
On 04/01/2017 at 11:23, The Woolster said:

My favourite current rapper has the best hip hop name I think I've ever seen... Dave.

Worth checking out, especially if you like UK hip hop/grime

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/sep/19/dave-wins-mercury-prize-2019-album-psychodrama

Andy Robertson, Dave, whether its football or rap, I know talent when I see it...

Is there such a thing as a good rapper?  To me it’s the fuckin’ pits with dickhead rhyming that a child could do , with dickhead hand signs and throw that dickhead patois into the mix and you’ve got a steaming pile of shite which has fuck all to do with music.

Why it gets into the news is beyond me , I realise some might be into it and for that I offer my sympathies, 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

Is there such a thing as a good rapper?  To me it’s the fuckin’ pits with dickhead rhyming that a child could do , with dickhead hand signs and throw that dickhead patois into the mix and you’ve got a steaming pile of shite which has fuck all to do with music.

Why it gets into the news is beyond me , I realise some might be into it and for that I offer my sympathies, 

Because it's very culturally relevant for lots of people and hip-hop is great party and dance music. Not complicated.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Because it's very culturally relevant for lots of people and hip-hop is great party and dance music. Not complicated.

Don’t get that , what culture does it represent? To be honest I haven’t a clue what hip hop is and whether it’s different to rap ? Though I do realise it may be a medium to say something for those who can’t sing and bereft of talent.

I would give those parties a miss plus I can’t dance as I’m an arl cunt, though Mouldy old Dough was great to dance to, whatever gets you through the night is alright I suppose, I just don’t see no sign on it so good for you if that’s your ting

• Downvote 1

On 20/09/2019 at 15:09, easytoslip said:

Ha, ha, ha!!! Noel Gallagher called. He says you've infringed his copyright over an opinion from eleven years ago. 

• Upvote 1