You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Q-Tip the best rapper of all time?

Jose Jones

Is Q-Tip the best rapper of all time?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Hmm?

• Probably
    • No, it's Chuck D
    • I'm going for some other dude
    • The Eminem / Jay Z vote
    • Hip hop? More like Shit hop.

Ace though he is, I'd put Mos Def, Rakim, Talib Kweli, MF Doom, Raekwon, Ghostface, GZA and Method Man ahead of him. That said, I'm only on about personal preference. I'm not one of these hip hop fascists. It's all just opinion.

*Waits for someone to come along and go nuts about Big L not getting a shout.*

Ace though he is, I'd put Mos Def, Rakim, Talib Kweli, MF Doom, Raekwon, Ghostface, GZA and Method Man ahead of him. That said, I'm only on about personal preference. I'm not one of these hip hop fascists. It's all just opinion.

I'd say Rakim is an obvious shout (nearly included him on the poll).

I loves a bit of MF Doom too.  I don't mind Talib Kweli but he's not in this league for me.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's... wrong. I like it.

Eminem is a funny one. He's pushed out some real shit, but some absolute brilliance. Best rapper of all time? Nah, doubt it, but he's more talented than some think. At his best he can really tell a story and say something of worth in a way that is beyond most others. At his worst he's like Bieber recanting Vanilla Ice.

You forgot Morris Minor and the Majors.

And Madonna.