You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: Michael Owen - An unloved legend (ESPN article)

tlw content

Him signing for the mancs comes a distant 3rd for me compared to him running down his contract, then fucking us over again when going to Newcastle when a move to us at that time would have been great for all parties.

A man who was meant to be in control of his own destiny, sure listened and acted on some terrible advice.

• Upvote 1

He pulled a fast one to get himself out of the club to go abroad.  He then returned to the UK and went to a sworn enemy when he couldn't get arrested over here after falling out of favour abroad.  Tried to come back but realised that was never going to happen.  A familiar story, though one with less duplicity where Owen was concerned.  

Is it the time of the month?  He's gone, get over it.

Is it the time of the month?  He's gone, get over it.

Is he gone though? Is he still an ambassador for the club? I have no idea as he never seems to appear on our behalf and that's the first thing I have seen of him, talking about United.

Is he gone though? Is he still an ambassador for the club? I have no idea as he never seems to appear on our behalf and that's the first thing I have seen of him, talking about United.

It wasn't about Owen.  stringy was having another not-too-subtle moan about Rafa, seven years after he departed.

Always-Ultra-Long-Plus-Wings-Sanitary-Pa

I don't think "we" can, no.

I’ve given Benitez plenty of praise for his achievements in his first few years with us, much of it in response to individuals who squeal that I have never done it.

I feel that Owen deserves similar praise while acknowledging that the way they both engineered their way out was less than admirable. Only the squealers can take offence at that.

Careful, Stringy knows things about Rafa that would turn your pubes grey overnight.

One day he might tell us. But then he'll have to kill us all.

I'm still waiting for the big reveals.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Where's my book?

I’ve given Benitez plenty of praise for his achievements in his first few years with us, much of it in response to individuals who squeal that I have never done it.

I feel that Owen deserves similar praise while acknowledging that the way they both engineered their way out was less than admirable. Only the squealers can take offence at that.

You're right, it's a great comparison.

EVERYONE OWEN AND RAFA ARE CUT FROM EXACTLY THE SAME SCUM CLOTH NEVER FORGET.  NEVER.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Today, The Evil Empire were celebrating the 20 year anniversary of Clive Tyledsley's wet dream by having a charity game against Bayern. Aside from Keane, the entire first XI were there.

Okay.

You know, that's obviously disgusting. However, that's nothing to do with civilised people.

That's their business. 

Weĺl, guess which two faced turncoat twat was the MUFC commentator?

The duplicitous little cunt is still drawing a salary as an ambassador for the club, while he's wanking Nevile, Beckham and Ferguson silly on TV.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Today, The Evil Empire were celebrating the 20 year anniversary of Clive Tyledsley's wet dream by having a charity game against Bayern. Aside from Keane, the entire first XI were there.

Okay.

You know, that's obviously disgusting. However, that's nothing to do with civilised people.

That's their business. 

Weĺl, guess which two faced turncoat twat was the MUFC commentator?

The duplicitous little cunt is still drawing a salary as an ambassador for the club, while he's wanking Nevile, Beckham and Ferguson silly on TV.

Surely the club need to have a word.

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

Surely the club need to have a word.

What exactly can they say?

Michael, given we have a contract with you, you can imagine how shocked I was that you didn't honour it and acted like a mercenary. When I heard that you had angered Liverpool fans by going to Old Trafford, I was so, so shocked to see gambling going on this establishment.

Just now, Kevin D said:

What exactly can they say?

Michael, given we have a contract with you, you can imagine how shocked I was that you didn't honour it and acted like a mercenary. When I heard that you had angered Liverpool fans by going to Old Trafford, I was so, so shocked to see gambling going on this establishment.

It's not difficult. Either he stops cosying up with the club's biggest rivals or he no longer represents us in a formal paid role.

• Upvote 2

Frog and the Scorpion.

Owen told us exactly what this club meant to him and what kind of man he is, when he joined Ferguson. He should have never been in any kind of discussion for the job, when, for example, a guy like John Barnes is around.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Frog and the Scorpion.

Owen told us exactly what this club meant to him and what kind of man he is, when he joined Ferguson. He should have never been in any kind of discussion for the job, when, for example, a guy like John Barnes is around.

That I agree with